Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sparrow terraces?
  • BadlyWiredDog

Any tips?

maccruiskeen

Buy the worst box on the best terrace rather than the best box on the worst terrace. 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

I was wondering about location – better under the eaves or just high up a wall? Sun or shade?

scaredypants

Some tips HERE They suggest that it should be sited higher than a titbox and who am I to argue ?

BadlyWiredDog

Thanks. That makes sense. We have loads of them living in the ivy on the side of the house, but it’s getting a trim soon and I don’t want them being homeless. Brilliant little things. Properly communal.

I’ll have to borrow a ladder and stick the thing right up under the eaves. I’m wondering if they mind being close to windows. Hmmm…

scaredypants

The window is the titbox, I think – certainly true of one house near us which apparently has no curtains

CountZero

The window is the titbox, I think – certainly true of one house near us which apparently has no curtains

*mutley snigger*

deadkenny
    Free Member

Just get a hedge. I’ve got hundreds of the things in my hedge. It gets trimmed and doesn’t seem to bother them. Though neighbour did chop half of it down (without asking) so not sure what happened to the ones in there. Still seem to be hundreds about though.

BadlyWiredDog

We don’t have anywhere to put a hedge. We just have about 50 hectares of bloody ivy. The tits live a couple of doors away, since people seem so unaccountably fascinated by them… 😐

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sparrow terraces?’ is closed to new replies.