Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • South London – where best to live?
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Funny place, Leatherhead, but you would be close to Headley which is a good place to ride from.

Muddy Moles meet at Brockets Farm on a Sunday, which is just down the road and makes a good starting point for a loop over to reigate, or for one down to Holmbury.

TatWink
    Free Member

As always depends where you live in Carshalton. It has one of the biggest estates in Europe, built after the war to re home all the central Londoners that had had their homes flattened.

My experience of Carshalton is that it’s best avoided. I now live in Reigate/Redhill and it’s a world away. Great for central London or the coast, Gatwick and the M25 on the doorstep. And of course the North Downs. I have a 3/4 mile of road before I hit the bridleways and believe me with some of the stunning scenery you could be in Wales, just ignore the rumble of the M25!!

I just can’t see me moving for a very long time!!!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh, yeh St Helier! Forgot all out that!! No, go live on Pound Street

rewski
    Free Member

Check out Purley, Riddlesdown, Fairleigh, Chelsham, Woldingham, Warlingham. Nice areas, great schools, great trains connections to London, Gatwick, Brighton. And some corking hilly trails, through ancient woods, endless bridle paths and the North Downs, lots for roadies too, famous Titsey Hill, Toys Hill, Limpsfield Chart etc etc etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘South London – where best to live?’ is closed to new replies.