Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • South Downs Way Double Double ride is go
  • Kunstler

Amazing stuff. Comparatively, if he’d been doing this 700 miles further north it looks like he’d up at the front of the HT550.

hazeii
    Free Member

Some pics of Rob and his bike at the Washington car park (just before the climb up to Chanctonbury Ring). Looking good for someone who’s ridden over 250 miles in the last 32 hours!

Arriving at Washington (from Amberley):

His bike:

Heading up to Chanctonbury Ring:

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Amazing effort, all the best for the final leg, what an achievement it will be.

weeksy

Very impressed!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Incredible

m0rk
    Free Member

What’s his ETA back for QECP?

I’m mighty impressed, went out and have done a paltry 30 something on the SDW today, and won’t be doing much more for the rest of the day – so I’m no idea how he’s keeping it together (and the lack of sleep)

racefaceec90

that’s a hell of a distance,good luck to you sir 😀

groundcontrol
    Free Member

I’m keeping an eye on the Spot as he approaches Eastbourne for the 2nd time. I’m so proud of what he’s doing – this has been his goal for the past 2 years and the third time he’s tried to do it but bad weather and then illness stopped him on the last two occasions. The weather around the Portsmouth area is changing and rain is possibly in the forecast. I’m keeping fingers crossed that the weather holds as Rob heads into the evening/night session – the longer it stays dry the better as he hates being out in the rain! Whatever happens though, I think if he gets to Eastbourne he won’t give up. The Double Double is within his sights now and the one thing I’ll say about Rob – once he sets his mind to something, things will have to get pretty dire for him to give up.

Napalm
    Free Member

Met Rob Colliver at 17:38 east of the A27 at Lewes & rode with him and Carl (his outrider) for a few miles before I flatted.
    They’re now heading to Alfriston with an eta of a 38 hour-ish triple.
    Aiming for the water tap on the A27 by Lewes at 23:30 on the 4th leg tonight & 54 hours est. total time. He’s remarkably clear & we chatted about the Tour Divide, kayaking & welding.
    Photos on FB – search for me (name in profile).

eulach

Go, Rob.

jekkyl

Is he doing it completely without sleep for the whole ride?

Junkyard
    Free Member

awesome effort

keep pedalling

willsupport
    Free Member

Leg 3 completed at 20.52

Just the homeward leg to do

He’s still looking strong and determined

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dude !!

This should be celebrated hugely..

Bregante

Mind boggling effort.

qwerty
    Free Member

A W E S O M E 😀

cinnamon_girl

Bloomin’ brilliant!

pictonroad

Bloody hellfire, amazing to think as I’m settling down for an early night he’s still out there. What a bloody minded chap.

benthebikeman
    Free Member

Amazing effort Rob keep going! You are a machine, 8 minutes ahead of schedule! Way to go!!

cp

Amazing doesn’t even come close. I’ve been out for 4 hours on the road bike and feel knackered… Was thinking about the double double effort all ride.

Huge respect for getting this far, let alone if he manages it!

zippykona

Surely he is going straight into the STW Hall Of Fame.
    People like him are really where all the bull shit stops. He could have ape hangers with aero bars and it would be ok because he is out there doing it more than most people on here could even conceive.

scaredypants

blimey – saw the title, assumed it was a typo ! 😯

hazeii
    Free Member

From the SPOT tracker, he finished the 3rd leg about 21:00 – that’s around 300 miles offroad in under 40 hours! As for climbing, he must already be well over an Everest. Fingers crossed for the night, and here’s to Rob making it back to Winchester noon-ish tomorrow! (anyone for a flashmob at the King Alfred statue?)

stuartmccarthy
    Free Member

Bloody good effort that man! Inspirational to say the least.

bikebastard
    Free Member

He’s into the fourth and final leg…

hazeii
    Free Member

Looks like Richard Sterry’s time for the triple stands, Rob appears to be a touch slower to the 300 miles point (which suggests that despite all the evidence to the contrary, it seems he retains just enough sanity left to pace himself for the quad.).

Lovely night out there, Rob must be chasing the moon about now.

shermer75
    Free Member

Just seen this post for the first time. Inspiring stuff!! Good luck Rob!! 🙂

groundcontrol
    Free Member

Got up early again this morning after another sleepless night feeling guilty for sleeping whilst Rob was out there peddling his little butt off. His pace has slowed, but that’s not a bad thing. It’s a trade-off between beating a previous set time or completing what you set out to do – in Rob’s case, the Double Double. It’s good to see him nearly back on home territory. I’m sure when he hits the Country Park he’ll get an extra burst of energy to see him through to the finish. I’ll then have the glorious task of driving a pretty tired (and probably very smelly!) husband home for some well-deserved rest. The cupboards are well-stocked as experience tells me he’ll also be eating quite a bit for the next few days as his body recovers.

supportben
    Free Member

Having known Rob for more than 20 years I was assuming that this was an elaborate practical joke (his speciality is usually poor taste one liners) but I can’t quite believe the SPOT is still moving along the map this morning… I think he might actually be serious about this thing… Come on Rob, GET IT DONE!!

andyg1966

Heading out to the downs for a morning ride and see if I can find friends …

muggomagic

Unbelievable effort. Almost there now. The people of Winchester should be lining the streets in anticipation of Rob’s arrival.

m0rk
    Free Member

Looking good for QECP just after nine, so I’ll head out to ride through the park with him

psyclist
    Free Member

This is a truly inspiring effort. Been following your progress online, as I’m sure many have. The end is in sight – good luck!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jesus Christ ! (And I don’t use those words lightly)

Unbelievable effort.

So deserved for the sheer determination and strength of will.

Best of luck for the remaining section, it flattens out a bit soon 😯

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I rode 90 miles on the SDW yesterday. Was so tired by the end but I reckon I could have ridden about another 40 miles if you’d held a gun to my head.
    400; that is simply incomprehensible. 😯

bikebastard
    Free Member

Rob is doing a great Job – he’s heading over Butser Hill now with about 20 miles to go!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.842143619206654&type=1

benthebikeman
    Free Member

Rob, been following your ride online and you are going so well. Have you managed without sleep so far? Can’t imagine toughing it out without cat napping! Just keep spinning and you’ll get there! I think you have been an inspiration to set a new Everest for us all! Chapeau! Can’t wait to hear that you made it back to Winchester. Bike It Ben

m0rk
    Free Member

Rob is able to hold a better conversation than I could… Waited for him at the top of a hill in QECP, and rode down to the park centre chatting over the roar of my tyres

Amazingly he’s still pretty darn quick!

cinnamon_girl

He’s nearly there!!!

cinnamon_girl

Um, tracker stopped 28 minutes ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘South Downs Way Double Double ride is go’ is closed to new replies.