Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sorry Which Boiler…. Viessmann ?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hi,

Our plumber is just about to fit a new boiler, and he offered a WB or Viessmann, except my wife thought he said Vaillant !

Are Viessmann any good?

Thanks

jordie
    Free Member

I don`t know much about Viessmann but i had a WB fitted a while back
    and its fantastic

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If it helps its a 100 35kw …

takisawa2

Viessmann Boilers are bloody great built like a battle ship (Bismark). My mums got one installed and so has my brother and I recommended on to a friend. I have a good friend who is a director at Viessmann UK in Telford too! In Germany they are the number one customer of Kroms, why you ask?

From a pal who's in the industry (& not a plumber).

joe1678

Agree with all the above, German engineering and rather than going mass market they tend to be used by installers in the know. Doubt if they are cheap but if you are happy with the price buy in confidence….

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thanks for the further updates. Our plumber can get them £200 cheaper than the equivalent WB and with a 5 yr gurantee.

Some of the negative stuff I have seen on the web says that the model was introduced in 2006, was cheap and nasty and broke very easily, also that the casings are cheap and that aftersales is appauling in the UK! However since early 2008 when a newer version was launced there hasnt been any negative stuff really on the web….

Might take the risk !?!?

scotabroad

At this very moment I am getting an Alpha combi boiler fitted, frined of mine does it for a living and he has found them very reliable installations..

organic355
    Free Member

viessmann are top quality, but you will pay for it, they are mucho expensivo!!!!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I had a Potterton 30kw boiler fitted last week for £1700.

So far so good, compared to the aging and rapidly failing hot water tank system it replaced it's out of this world! I'm loving having hot water on tap rather than planning a bath 4hrs in advance 🙂

iseeadarkness
    Free Member

I have been round Viessmann's factory in Germany – very nice shiney kit. I was impressed (they wouldn't let us see the s/s coil condensing boiler heat exchanger being manufactured as it was top secret)

Expensive, yes, but looked the nads.

A while back I had a WB combi fitted and the PCB went pfutt in less than 3 years…

footflaps

Wonder how long they will last…

My Potterton Nettaheat boiler is roughly 30 years old. 1st controller board lasted 29 years (replaced it last year at £125). Heat exchanger is so over engineered, it's good for another 30 years.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

'flaps –

The fitter who installed my Potterton told me quite frankly it will last 10-14yrs and that is the expected range of any modern combi condensing boiler. Considering the old tank boiler lasted some 25+yrs it's quite disconcerting to hear.

Might as well start saving up now…

takisawa2

I wouldn't worry too much. Give it 5 years & CHP's will be on the market. Will produce 30% of your electric, not to mention heating your home.
    Well, at least until natural gas runs dry 10yrs later!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sorry Which Boiler…. Viessmann ?’ is closed to new replies.