Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)
  • Sorry if this has already been done, but is IOS8 crap or what?
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

Ffs! There isn’t access to all of my pics from within the apps.
    Messenger,Photobucket, Dropbox, etc – not one can see camera roll as anything other than the most recently added.

Messenger

Pics

Albums

The rest of the pics simply aren’t there.

From iOS

Drac

Still never had the issue myself but you’ll be happy.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/25/apple-releases-ios-8-0-2/

GrahamS

Updated my 4S to 8.0.2 and I can confirm it didn’t explode and I can now see ALL my photos in Messenger etc. 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

Same here – should’ve been that way to start with though….

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve done the latest update and can only see ‘2014’ photos in collections, other years have gone.

Tinners

So apart from losing photos, bendy iPhone 6s, this virus that’s supposed to be affecting Apple devices, is anyone else having problems with Airplay to Apple tv since the upgrade? I am. Have several Apple iPads, iPhones and Apple TVs (mug, I know, but I was convinced they “just worked” until the iOS8 debacle). I’ve sequentially updated devices to iOS8.02 and ALL the ones on iOS 8.02 won’t mirror to Apple TV and periodically dropping WiFi. Even when putting an iOS 7 & 8 side by side on the table.
    Shambles really. I’m sure all phones bend and viruses must affect all computers (despite Pinocchio in Apple shop telling me Apple were immune to it, the rascal), but going from a perfectly workable tablet to one which doesn’t do what it should after an update is shambolic really, especially when you pay dearly for it on the grounds it’s “better” and “just works”. Oh, and shared calender appts repeatedly send notifications and messages don’t send as iMessage, only “send as text” on one device since the update (although this, strangely only on one phone). A trip to the Apple shop, I guess.
    If you’re on iOS8.02 and have Apple TV, have a go at mirroring via Airplay. I can’t be the only one. Then again….

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Tinners I will try the mirroring later and report back. Virus only affects very few Apple users who have made specific changes to their machines, “super power UNIX users” if you like

@hammy – yes I posted not the other thread that iOS8.0.2 fixed the problem you had, personally I didn’t have it on all apps but it did affect some when I looked into it further. All fixed now.

Drac

Not noticed the mirror issue myself I’ve not tried since 8.02 though. As Jambalaya says the virus is a tiny few users who added other software to their systems.

Other bendy phones are available Apple gets a lot of press especially if there’s a little issue, the media and haters jump straight on them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Tiners – mirroring seemed to be ok (4S and 8.0.2) tried youtube vimeo airplay and full mirroring of the iphone. One longer video (transition bikes 🙂 ) dropped out but 8 think it was a vimeo issue.

Tinners

Thanks for taking the time to check that out, Jambalaya. Much appreciated. I’ve also updated the software on Apple TV and not sure whether that’s a factor as well (however it remains a problem only on my 8.02 devices). I’ve just checked out Apple forum and it seems like this is a problem affecting others too, but no solution from Apple yet (ironically, I can’t paste a link because using iPad – that may be my lack of knowledge though – but if you search “Apple Airplay not working” it pops up on Google). I notice that those in the know delay updating their machines and I’ll have to remember to delay any updates in future. I caught a bit of their CEO’s presentation of iOS8 to whoops of delight from an adoring audience on the news when it came out – the reality for me and others makes a mockery of that, sadly. I’m sure that other manufacturers get similar problems, but what annoys me is that Apple give the impression (to me) that they’re above all that – and charge a premium for it – so I feel less tolerant when they screw up. Have been happy until now though, I have to say. Ah, well…..more important things in life…..time to go out for a ride. I’m sure they’ll get it right eventually and issue a fix.

jambalaya
    Free Member

There are often problems of some sort with the new iOS releases and some peope do delay a few weeks before upgrading. Personally I tend to upgrade straightaway.

I have an ATV issue with my youtube account which it says is not accessible from ATV, it works fine on the phone and airplay so this needs some investigation. I prefer Vimeo and I wish the Peaty series was published to there too

Jamie
    Free Member

bendy iPhone 6s

Who’d a thunk that applying a substantial downward force, onto a several mm thin bit of aluminium, would cause it to bend.

the-muffin-man

Without reading all the other posts – has anyone else had trouble with game volume?

Before the update to iOS8 you could open a game – set its volume low using the volume controls on the side of the phone without affecting the ringer volume.

Now when I open a game the volume is up full, so I turn it down. But then when the app is closed the ringer volume stays at the same low setting. App volume and ringer volume used to be separate.

Ta!

Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘Sorry if this has already been done, but is IOS8 crap or what?’ is closed to new replies.