Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sorry, another what lights thread, but not looking at the import options.
  • rockhopper70

For a friend, who wants to buy once and have decent reliability and support so price is less of a priority, without going daft money.
    Is mtbbatteries the preferred supplier nowadays?
    I’ve seen in the new mbr that magicshine.uk have a new unit out at £100 and having dealt with them myself, they seem ok?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have an mtb batteries light and a couple of batteries and its been excellent.

Depends how many lumens the friend ‘needs’ though as they could also look at an exposure joystock mk10

otsdr
    Free Member

I’ve had a Fenix BC30R for a couple of months now, seems pretty good. Mostly got it for the remote and the autonomy indicator, though 🙂 . http://www.myfenix.co.uk/fenix-bc30r-bike-light

Funny you mention imports, since MagicShine have an ‘imported’ air to them as well.

moonsaballoon

I have had a c and b seen light for a couple of years and its been fine .

Gary_M
    Free Member

That fenix looks good but as its water resistant rather than waterproof I can’t see it lasting a winter unless you never ride in the rain.

edit: it does appear rated to ipx6, so splash/rain proof.

aracer
    Free Member

I have had a c and b seen light for a couple of years and its been fine .

+1 – paid a bit more in order to get support and backup of a UK company (not that I’ve needed it). Of course they are imported, but then so are the majority of lights and other stuff we buy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, another what lights thread, but not looking at the import options.’ is closed to new replies.