Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sorry, another what hardtail question!!
  • LMT
    Free Member

I’m stuck with a decision and no idea what to go for, I know the fun option but would it be fun?

My biking dips over the winter so my incentive this year is to get a new bike and ride it like I stole it. Train commutes and Cannock being the local so a hardtail will do the job.

I am tempted by a 27plus model so the stache or the specialized fuse, cannocks mud tracks haven’t been too bad in recent years and the plus bike is something I wouldn’t consider in the past but running a 29er full sus I wanted to keep that wheel size. My other thoughts on the plus was that it would help build some confidence, I just to ride the original monkey all features at Cannock but now stop at the 3 rock features and theres a couple of other places that I though maybe a wider front tyre would help get over my fear maybe?

The other more sensible option is I’ve found a Trek Superfly 6 2016 in my size and in the sale, love trek hardtails had one as my first proper mountain bike and the spec on this isn’t too far from my full sus so could swap things over when I break them.

Budget is around £1k, any other bikes I should consider or thoughts on the above?

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’ll throw in the Sonder Transmitter, which seems to be getting some decent reviews at the moment.

Sonder Transmitter

jekkyl

What have you got at the moment and what’s wrong with it?
    Why have you been stopping at the rocks on the monkey? They are a bit duanting I agree and they always scared the shit out of me but once you do it once it’s no problem again. Have you been running with a dropper post? I’ve found tech much easier since fitting one.

Can’t fault the specs on the superfly click looks bang on for the money.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, another what hardtail question!!’ is closed to new replies.