Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sorry about this…after the shaving thread
  • RudiBoy
    Free Member

I remember a post on the old STW about a single blade razor that every one was excited about….can any one remember what it was and where to get one. It cost around £20.

cheers

samuri
    Free Member

A merkur? Bit more than 25 quid.

This is their best one.
    http://www.mankind.co.uk/Merkur-Vision-2000-Brushed-Steel-Razor-PRODMEPS2/

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Samuri

I dont think it was that one…although it looks good. could be getting the cheaper £45 one.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

I'm curious too. I'm a once a week shaver due to random directionality of my neck hair, It get less cuts and irritation when it's a week long. Are these old school single blade razors worth the dosh, what about blades, can you buy Quality ones on the high street?

Pieface

Is it actually good as a razor or just very pretty

s
    Free Member

Bic sensitive single blade does the job for me, might get a few nicks with a new blade, but they can last me 3 months and seem to work better for me once the blade has been used a bit!

I guess its the shonky SS of razors 😉

My Mrs did get me one of the new King of shavers version, looks cool, but started to look like Adolf after a week and boy did it clog up! 😉

Would be nice to have a bling SS of Razors £20 is not that much to spend I guess if it lasts.

curiousorange
    Free Member

Is it actually good as a razor or just very pretty

They are good razors. But, you need to invest some time to learn how to shave with it. I cut myself to ribbons when I first used mine, there's no safety wires going across the blade like you have on the Mach 3.

New blades are actually fairly easy to find. I got my last pack of 10 in my local Sainsburys for 4 or 5 pound if memory serves me correctly.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I found they worked well in combintion with a mach3, shave with the old skool one first, then give it a once over with the mach 3.

boots do one for about a fiver, plastic handle and a metal head, works just as well.

Get a soap bowl, some glycerine soap, and a brush, makes a bigger difference than the razer IMO.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sorry about this…after the shaving thread’ is closed to new replies.