Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Sooo, whos working today?????
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

Sat here watching the clock waiting to get ready for work, 🙁 Sun shining, trails drying up and I'm gonna be stuck in a car for the rest of the day at work, toss! Anyone one else gotta do the BH work thing ( oh and before you all start, no I am not getting extra pay/day off in lieu etc).

hels
    Free Member

Everybody in Scotland ? Most of them anyway judging from the traffic this morning.

IdleJon

Yep, another 2hours and I'm out though.

Lovely sunny day, and I can actually look up at my local trails if I want to annoy myself!

I should get a ride this evening though.

RoterStern
    Free Member

No holidays in this part of Germany today. I'll have to wait until October 3rd for the next holdiay (re-uinification day)!

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Me, but not until 20.00.

Only the knowledge that I'll be earning £24 p/h (bank holiday rates) whilst eating Thornton's caramel shortcake (well worth a go, incidentally) and watching Sky is keeping me going. 😛

fwb2006
    Free Member

Yep, no bank holiday here in scotland. Never mind the weather is radge outside.

pennine
    Free Member

Working here in Leeds. Blue skies this morning but clouded over now

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Does fitting out and decorating the bike shed count?

timraven

Get out at 6, just had mms of my mates out on the trails in the sun, Grrr.

Still day off tmw and riding after work. 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What's the point of Bank Holidays? I thought they were public holidays where you don't have to work if you don't want to? Apparently they're not, and many folk have no choice but to work, without any extra pay/time off.

Like, aren't you entitled to the 8 days off? Even if it gets included in your holiday entitlement? IE, you don't have to work them/are entitled to double pay/time off in lieu?

Always baffled me, Bank Holidays.

Bloody bankers; wreck the economy yet still get their days off….

GrahamS

I should be working, but I got to the serviced office today to find it locked and my keycard won't let me in. So the boss just sent me home again. 😀

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Me, waiting for some silly buggers to play a game of football and some cricket then I'm free to start the week, oh goody.

cranberry
    Free Member

No bank holiday here in the land of windmills, so I'm at my desk counting down the hours* until 10th Sept – 2 weeks back in the UK, a week of work, then 3 weeks away 🙂

* and spending far too much on all the bits that I need for my trip.

tang
    Free Member

yup, for 1/2 an hour. hope to see you on fri mate, nursing a sore head and shoulder atm. got well and truly dumped on yesterdays ride…

donsimon
    Free Member

No bank holiday here, worked this morning now getting ready for a siesta and La Vuelta…

aP
    Free Member

Putting off going in, but will be heading in 30 mins. Oh, and for no pay at all, or time off. Actually I've been on 2 weeks holiday and worked for 4 of those days. Happy happy joy joy – as Ren and Stimpy put it so eloquently.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Well I'm ere, and the suns still shining, at least I'm outside kindof! See you Fri, Tang.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Spent 5 hours trailbuilding with some mates this morning in the sun 🙂

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

Sun fully out in Castle Douglas . sitting on arse counting down .No bank holiday in Scotland although the banks are shut.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I was working today. Work involved about 3,000 vertical metres of Alpine singletrack. 😈

Dark-Side

I've been working from home. Well, I've been lurking on here and Bike Radar all day if you can call that work.

avdave2

Working in Stockholm today. One of the guys has lost his passport but can't do anything about it today as the embassy is enjoying a bank holiday despite the fact that everyone else in Sweden is working. I think they think they are still running the empire.

scotbike
    Free Member

@hels 'Everybody in Scotland ?'

mostly I have been Not working in Scotland today:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/where-did-everyone-ride-today
    <gloat>

Drac

Like, aren't you entitled to the 8 days off? Even if it gets included in your holiday entitlement? IE, you don't have to work them/are entitled to double pay/time off in lieu?

Nope. Up to your employer they can give you the day off and take it out your holidays if you want the day off.

I was working.

MartynS

I to was working.. however I'll get a day off in lieu!

stucol
    Free Member

I was working very hard. And my two mates were too.

Pushing the bike up Ben Lomond and then riding it back down in the lovely sunshine was such a drag.

And hi to the two lads from south of the border that did it too.

It's brilliant being off when most folk are stuck in the office.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Sooo, whos working today?????’ is closed to new replies.