• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by flip.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Songs you can sing along to
  • eemy
    Free Member

Bit tipsy, obviously, but just had quite a good sing-a-long to ‘Gold’ by Spandau Ballet. Had to reach for a few notes.

nonk
    Free Member

If yee goo willl yerrr send baack a letter frrrom america…..and away you go.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Lately I can’t stop myself blasting out Firework by Katy Perry, sorry Brand (Jammy sod).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

One by Metallica.

All together now (in a Gorge Formby Stylee)

‘Hold me breath as I wish fer death…’

Turned out nice again.

theotherjonv

in a Gorge Formby Stylee

I thought it was just me that did that. Had a very drunk night many years back when every now and then someone would throw in another wholly inappropriate Formby cover version*. The one that memorably resulted in nasal beer snortage was

[imagine ukelele strumming]

ding dinga ding dinga ding dinga ding ding ding

You sexy mootha

* why you may ask. We were delayed in Istanbul airport, having a few drinks in the bar which was playing rubbish local pop and we asked if the barman had any english cd’s. He rummaged around in the back and then put on George Formby. It went down from there…..

Kunstler

Having gone through a whole lot of emotional turmoil and relation breakup, I’ve had a lot of bonding with my equally musical 14-year-old son. We’ve always had a rock thing going on and he fully embraced Mumford & Sons to the extent that he bought a ukelele and we learned and regularly do a party piece of their songs but ‘the song’ of the last year is ‘Many of Horror’ by Biffy Clyro which is being blanded out by the xfactor. We do it better.

The ukelele also meant that we had to learn the standard George Formby songs but in that respect we were always going to be beaten by my uncle who used to do the whole ‘singing postman’ act. I would be surprised if anyone here knows of the original. ‘ha ya got a loight boy?’.

Kevevs
    Free Member

In my life why do I give valuable time to people who don’t care if I live or die…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Thank you for the music; the songs I’m singing.
    Thanks for all the joy their bringing.
    Who can live without it; I ask in all honesty?
    What would life be without a song, or a dance, what are we?

So I say thank you for the music; for giving it to me.

Seggons
    Free Member

I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TIFiaHyC9E[/video]

Hairychested
    Free Member

Whatever I sing people must think I’m Pavarotti – they cry.

piha
    Free Member

Here’s one to sing along to, from Eddie Khil…it’s a cracker!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNxygsLGHSQ[/video]

flip
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4_M5PcJQmU[/video]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Songs you can sing along to’ is closed to new replies.