Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Sometimes I wish we had formatting…
  • scotroutes

[list][*]that should do it

Jamie
    Free Member

Nailed it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Shares*

Rubber_Buccaneer

you can already post obviously non work related pictures

You can but many (and all of Jamie’s sadly) get blocked where I work.

Don’t take my protestations too seriously but I will do the comic sans protest if it comes to it 🙂

CountZero

Very clever, whereabouts is ” ” on your keyboard, as I can’t find it on mine?

At risk of rousing the pedant daemon, those are seconds marks, as in 3’40”; if it’s quotes you want, then it’s these: “ ”, described as 66 99 for the correct placement.
    I find them by tapping the button marked .?123 on my keyboard.
    You’re welcome. 😉

tomhoward

no features please, this printing press style looks a bit like ‘work’ from over where the boss sits.

This.

Very much this.

Jamie
    Free Member

…and again. These changes will NOT change how the forum looks. Just how it works.

GrahamS

Don’t take my protestations too seriously but I will do the comic sans protest if it comes to it

Jamie
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Sometimes I feel like a visitor to a strange, unknown forum.

All I want is for videos to show the title on my iPad. Apart from words, I just like videos.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I just like videos

Now you have touched a nerve. Work also blocks the YouTube links so I can’t even see the picture. Put a brief description you inconsiderate bastards 👿

JoeG
    Free Member

nemesis – Member

The new forum is already here and being beta tested:

http://grit.cx/forum

Yuck! That’s HORRID! 😡 Another reason for me to hate CX! 😡

I can’t really see the need for most of the stuff that’s being asked for myself.
    All I want is a “Go to first unread post” button. It’s a bit inconvenient sometimes when a thread has had lots of replies since I last looked at it and I can’t remember if I was up to page 2 or page 3.

Oh, and reordering the list of threads that have had a reply would help too.
    If I haven’t replied to a thread for a few weeks, then someone else revives it, it ends up way down the list below all the stuff that I have replied to recently, where I can easily miss it.

scaredypants

JoeG – Member

nemesis – Member
    The new forum is already here and being beta tested:
    http://grit.cx/forum

Yuck! That’s HORRID! [/quote]
    I quite liked it 😳

wwaswas

All I want is a “Go to first unread post” button

yes, or even “Go to my last post on the thread” if that’s easier.

mogrim

I can’t really see the need for most of the stuff that’s being asked for myself.
    All I want is a “Go to first unread post” button. It’s a bit inconvenient sometimes when a thread has had lots of replies since I last looked at it and I can’t remember if I was up to page 2 or page 3.

Oh, and reordering the list of threads that have had a reply would help too.
    If I haven’t replied to a thread for a few weeks, then someone else revives it, it ends up way down the list below all the stuff that I have replied to recently, where I can easily miss it.

This, please!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Or a “go to all the threads you’ve not read” button..

Or a filter that takes out “religious/ 650b/Landlord” threads..

You know something lyke vat.

MrNice
    Free Member

an option to unfavourite / hide threads would make it easier to avoid the latest multi-page pointless argument about politics / religion / overtaking

Jamie
    Free Member

So much selfishness on here.

I’m alright, Jack. So balls to you, fella! ….but I would like this feature.

Bah Hunmbug 😡

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Another vote for View by “Last Reply From Another User”.

?
    ? ?

EDIT: And WebM

footflaps

So what have you got against religious 650b riding Landlords then?

That’s blatant discrimination that is.

D0NK

it’s just a bit jarring sometimes to come from ANY other forum, and then have to start engaging in a different way.

there are other forums?
    This is the only one I actively participate in, TBH when I’m googling for work stuff and end up trawling forums which have

[quote]

replies

to replies[/quote] to replies[/quote] to replies[/quote]taking up half the page then a one word post
    and then everyone replies to that well, that’s when I appreciate the simplicity of STW.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve no problem with Sir Jamie wanting some extra functionality, ohhh nooo.. Clearly I can’t see the back end of this thing so have limited knowledge of what it is and the benefit of..

Spaces

Will bring.

Here’s my thoughts on:
    Landlords – seek professional help
    Religion – seek professional help
    650b – seek professional help 😆

HTH

aracer
    Free Member

to replies[/quote] to replies[/quote] to replies[/quote]taking up half the page then a one word post
    and then everyone replies to that well, that’s when I appreciate the simplicity of STW.
    [/quote]

Rubbish

wwaswas

D0NK » TBH when I’m googling for work stuff and end up trawling forums which have

replies

to replies

to replies

to replies

taking up half the page then a one word post

Rubbish

I prefer the stw approach where multiple quotes lose all sense of who posted what and replied to whom.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

.oooooo..o o8o oooo . oooo
    d8P’ Y8“‘ 888 .o8888
    Y88bo. oooo ooo. .oo. .oooooooo 888 .ooooo. .o888oo oooo d8b .oooo. .ooooo. 888 oooo
    "Y8888o.888 888P"Y88b 888'88b 888 d88′ 88b 888888″”8P P )88b d88'“Y8 888 .8P’
    `”Y88b 888 888 888 888 888 888 888ooo888 888 888 .oP”888 888 888888.
    oo .d8P 888 888 888 88bod8P' 888 888 .o 888 . 888 d8( 888 888 .o8 88888b.
    8″”88888P’ o888o o888o o888o 8oooooo. o888oY8bod8P’ “888” d888b Y888""8oY8bod8P’ o888o o888o
    d” YD
    “Y88888P’

I think it’s pretty classy software 😀

I like the quote system, myself.

lemonysam
    Free Member

[img]http://www.fancyicons.com/free-icons/142/games/png/32/locked_cell_door_32.png[/img]

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

wwaswas

I like the quote system, myself.

me too.

dragon
    Free Member

Please don’t go the Grit.cx route its awful. Grey and beige is hard to read and looks cack.

aracer
    Free Member

To come back to the original point, it’s interesting that what www posted looked like this when he typed it:

I prefer the stw approach where multiple quotes lose all sense of who posted what and replied to whom.
    [/quote]

I’m still not sure why we can’t be treated like adults and put spaces where we want to.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Actually, I have another suggestion – can the RSS link be confined to the actual “RSS feed for this topic” link please?

I hit it all the time, by accident.

Anyone with me?

mark d
    Free Member

I am so confused. Most of the time, but, right now, even more so.

scotroutes

Dis-Allowed markup: BBcode a blockquote code em strong ul ol li font strike center u hr.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Sometimes I wish we had formatting…’ is closed to new replies.