Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • something else 29ers can do
  • rOcKeTdOg

cope quite well with tracks designed for 20" wheels (well i survived anyway!!)
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2736/4391935355_6c4425cea7_o.jpg%5B/img%5D

it were a bit muddy though http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/4391935463/in/photostream/

ton

rd, what are those forks.

rOcKeTdOg

manitou minutes mate, QR though

EDIT: yup air all the way

ton

are they air??

Ti29er
    Free Member

29ers don't seem to like (getting) air IMHO.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Great photo

Clink

Great pics. What size frame is that, if you don't mind me asking?

rOcKeTdOg

it's a large

epicyclo

New sport – Ultra MX?

singlespeedstu

Ti29er – Member

29ers don't seem to like (getting) air IMHO.

You're riding the wrong kind of 29er then.

All of mine love to get "air"

AverageMark
    Free Member

Evening rocket, quick hi-jack for a question. I've had my medium swift for 2 -3 weeks now and looking at yours see youre running mech discs. atm i have Ultimates on mine but being xc brakes would like something a bit more powerfull. Tried a fellas bb7 that he runs on his trials bike and was genuinly amazed at the amount of power they had so tempted to swap them out, just wondering if you had any feedback on them for a Swift? worth the change?

rOcKeTdOg

i have a set on my 26" hardtail too, set up correctly (easy to do) they are as good as hydraulics on my FS, but better than ultimates? i dunno

Chainline
    Free Member

M 29er loves air too, struggle to keep it on the floor on Landegla black

firestarter
    Free Member

is the rake of those forks different to the regular swift ones just it looks very steep head angle and i never noticed that on my swift. Could just be the angle of photo tho

speaker2animals

Av Mark – were rotor sizes comparable? I run 185mm on front of both mine. One Juicy 5 one BB7. I prefer the feel of the BB7 as you can adjust 'feel' because you control the pad spacing and cable tension manually.

I reply think though that Juicies have more ultimate power. Before changing brakes think about changing rotors and using adapters for the calipers.

AverageMark
    Free Member

185 front on the ultimates, but they are a bugger to get bled. Can bleed them then leave them 24 hours and get more air from the lever. Leads to another question (sry) are all Dot fluids equal? the stuf i use seems to have alot of bubbles in it no matter how much i degas it.

Chainline
    Free Member

I put Saint's on my 29er and they appear to stop quite well 🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

There's no such thing!

Chainline
    Free Member

No such thing as?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘something else 29ers can do’ is closed to new replies.