Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • someone's old… my new! :)
  • maxray
    Free Member

Finally dipped a toe in the world of full suss. Thrown together this afternoon, needs a bit of fettling. Quite excited to try it out. I am guessing the frame will cope with the forks at 130? They are u turn revs so can always wind them in a bit.

elaineanne
    Free Member

nice.. welcome to full susser world 8)

maxray
    Free Member

:0) thanks. It all went together from bare frame without any drama.. even the headset and bb. Hopefully there won't be too many teething problems.

Wookster

Had a stumpy like that brill bike just enough sus to keep you out of real trouble. FAb day for it mate enjoy!!!!

maxray
    Free Member

I intend to! 🙂 will have to just be a gentle spin tonight to bed things in.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Good choice – can't see you going far wrong with that. I've a couple of old Specialized full-sussers myself (2003 Epic and 2004 Enduro) which are both still going strong.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If it's a 120mm travel frame it'll be better at 130mm on the front. Stumpys of that age benefitted from a sligtly longer fork. If it's a 100mm, it'll be better at around 115 on the front which is how I ran mine at the time

they are great bikes though. Good choice! 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

Pretty sure its the 100mm one. Will give it a try wound in a little. Cheers pp.

nickjb
    Free Member

I ran my old fsr with oversized forks. It was great for the downs but it rode much better on the ups with them wound in a bit. Depends how much you want to fiddle. Tyres, valves and logos mis-aligned BTW 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

Nick, was waiting for that. It's my lo-fi build, I didn't really clean the donar parts much or anything. A firm believer in spending time on the bike rather than making it pretty! :0 )

maxray
    Free Member

So it was only a commute just to bed things in but what a revelation!! I can so see how full suss is the tool of choice for all day epics. Just need to engineer a blast off road on Fri evening.:0)

whippersnapper
    Free Member

nice flower pot bottle cage. Very resourceful 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘someone's old… my new! :)’ is closed to new replies.