Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Solo night rides…..
  • wors

… Are ace!

That’s all.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Correct.

Pook

I always worry about my car being done over.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup..

Delamere is even more fun in the dark… 🙂

sparkyrhino

They are definetly interesting ,have scared the bejesus out of myself a few times in close heavy wooded tracks ,may have somthing to do with listening to Opeth or mars volta on my ipod.certainly quickens my pace 👿

joat

Remember, no one is watching you. They don’t in the daylight, so for the life of me I can’t think why they would in the dark…. 😯

DrP

I love the fact that tonight, I thought that a tree stump lying by the track would definitely be a severed leg……

DrP

wors

i recently read a book about the history of winter hill which is where i rode tonight. There is story about a guy who lived in a cottage up there years ago and abandoned it because of something he saw one night up ont moors.. 😯

GaryLake
    Free Member

Just come back from filming solo night riding, now that’ll give you the willies!

DrP

Just come back from filming solo “night riding”, now that’ll give you the willies!

Keep it about cycling please, not your nocturnal sexual exploits….

DrP

GaryLake
    Free Member

😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

The only way to night ride is solo.

bigG
    Free Member

I love night riding solo, especially when the wildlife conspires to scare me..

neninja
    Free Member

Solo night rides are indeed great fun (as long as you’ve not been watching Whitechapel or something similar on the telly just before leaving 😯 )

Liftman

Theres nothing there at night that isnt there during the day, its just that its awake and hungry now. :mrgreen:

Taff
    Free Member

I’m off out ona solo tonight. Bit worried as have had a thing that every ride in 2012 has to incorporate a new piece of track which normally means stopping to look at a map as I’ve got myself lost again! That’s when the boogey monster catches you 😯

AndyP
    Free Member

The very best thing about solo night rides is that you can do them un-lit because there’s no lights arms race going on.

tomo71
    Free Member

Completed my first solo night ride tonight, made it back in one piece, no monsters or lurking nutters…. But I did scare the sheet out of myself on a couple of occasions. Mental note, riding round Swinley (with it’s proximity to broadmoor) is not the place to remind yourself of old ghost stories …. Loved it!

elzorillo
    Free Member

Been night riding longer than I care to remember. Not solo though, and judging by the amount of deer we keep running into lately, I recon on my own they may have a go

spando
    Free Member

Recon I saw a Panther on a night ride in Nov deep in the forest, pooped my pants. Now Im convinced im gonna be cat food one day. 😯

MrOvershoot

Mate of mine found a bloke hanging from a tree on one of our night ride routes, since then its been known as hangman’s gully.

The point where the flowers are gives me the speed of Sir Chris Hoy +10 if I’m on my own!!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Solo night rides…..’ is closed to new replies.