Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Solarstorm X2 lights….fitting to helmet
  • rascal
    Free Member

How do you do it?
    Is there some sort of bracket/adaptor available?
    Really short leads mean it’s a bit awkward getting the battery in a Camelbak too.
    Managed to bodge something (magic zip ties!) for first runout tonight 😉

danbo
    Free Member

I just removed the bracket from the bottom and used sticky back velcro. Can cable tie across the top too for extra security but the velcro I used is pretty strong. I also just fixed the battery to the back of the helmet. Its not that heavy.

campkoala
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use velcro, I’d use 3m lock block, far more secure

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Velcro is ideal as can remove for day rides easily

campkoala
    Free Member

Oops! Typo, 3M dual lock.

Check it out, it’s basically industrial grade velcro.

Keef
    Free Member

easy peasy,cut a 4 or 5 inch piece of old inner tube,roll it up and use the rubber O ring round one of the bits of helmet between the vents,so the bit of tube is like a handle bar,if u see what I mean …
    works for me 😉

chrisdw
    Free Member

Take a hacksaw to a go pro buckle mount and screw it on the bottom.

rascal
    Free Member

The zip ties held it on fine BUT the angle was all wrong – kept riding with my held tilted back so the beam was thrown much further forward. On on the guys out tonight had a Magicshine bracket – will investigate.
    Danbo – I did the same as you – battery on back on lid actually seems to do the trick.
    Bloody good lights though based on the first ride – out for a good 2 hrs tonight swapping modes when I didn’t need full power – all 3 green lights on when back at the car.

sumomatt
    Free Member

Try a KNOG Gator mount, works really well with all my lights.

I had the magicshine mount, but found it didn’t fix that well.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

campkoala – Member
    Oops! Typo, 3M dual lock.

Check it out, it’s basically industrial grade velcr

will check out the DIY sheds for some of this cheers

dukeduvet

agree with sumomatt

I have a magicshine mount (on offer at £6.45 just now), the light sits quite high even when mounted at the front so have to watch low branches. Difficult to get a tight fix to the helmet but a bit of old inner tube may help. Battery gets mounted o the shoulder strap of my backpack so short leads not an issue.

My wife was killing herself laughing looking at me with wall-e on my head 😀

benp1

How about remove the bracket from the bottom, and use a machine screw or other bolt to mount it directly to the helmet

I did something similar with my head mounted torch, took half the mount off and bolted it to a tiny bit of shaped/carved wood inside the helmet so its just secure but also low profile. Covered the wood with some inner tube to wedge it further and make it look a bit better. Pretty solid now. The torch is still attached with an o ring to the mount

I reckon that would work with the SS X2

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Solarstorm X2 lights….fitting to helmet’ is closed to new replies.