Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • So…I bought one of those Worx Hydroshot washers…
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, rinse trail side (two bikes) before getting changed, then clean both properly before anything else happens.

Weapons, feet, wash and eat.

km79
    Free Member

I wonder how many people rinse trail side before leaving and then wash again properly when get home as well?

Depends on the midgies!

andyl
    Free Member

hmm, added to basket and will watch the price after Xmas. Would be perfect for rinsing out the sheep trailer as it’s too much faff to get the full size karcher and hose out when this and a bucket will do.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Using it with warm water will swell the seals and it will leak in no time so stick to cold water only

Big-Bud
    Free Member

For those that don’t think it’s loud
    Here is the workzone

onandon
    Free Member

Cameras will make quiet things loud and loud things quiet depending how they are set up.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Seen a few of these at the cross races, not as good as a proper jet washer for speed and power, but looks like a great thing for last clean of kit/bike before putting kit away.
    Thinking of getting one to replace the very old dirt worker I have (which has been great) for hosing down own bikes etc.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Absolutely loving mine so far!

Arrived Christmas Eve – washed the road bike after my ride, then have used it just now after a Boxing Day social 30 on the road bike this morning.

Has cut down cleaning time – and without risk of blasting into seals etc.

Got home from this mornings ride – kettle on, sprayed bike with muc-off and drivetrain cleaner. Tea made whilst that was doing its stuff then a 5 min spritz with the hydroshot. Boom – done.

Dead chuffed.

A

DrP

Still really impressed.. here’s a little vid of some terrible south downs mud!

It’s WAYYYYY better than the dirt worker!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIlR2Kd-H54[/video]

DrP

connect2

THANK YOU DrP!!

I’ve held off from posting on here that I bought one of these but was frankly underwhelmed by its performance. Watched DrP’s video and thought it sounded different to mine and was working better so watched a couple of YouTube videos and saw one that mentioned a high/low pressure switch. Checked the instructions and yep, I never even noticed there was a switch and I’ve been using mine on low pressure since I got it! 😳 😳

Add me to the list of fans!

ninfan
    Free Member

I have to say that seems a lot better than the kaercher one I got on test (and decided it wasn’t up to the job so gave it to my mum, ad it’s perfect for dogs and wellies)

andyl
    Free Member

Toolstation have the basic package with battery, charger, hose and wands for £94 if anyone is looking for one of these.

Kicking myself for not picking one up from ebay with the 20% off last week but I suspect I will never use the brush, folding bucket or soap dispenser.

the drinks bottle adapter looks a lot more useful and I did wonder if you could put soap in the water in there so it foams up better.

jamiep
    Free Member

Buy it! I did a few weeks ago. Actually makes cleaning bikes fun

sam_underhill

Now there’s a 40v version…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXaHgTZbgGM

edit: maybe not in the uk yet.

DezB
    Free Member

He lost me at “Superexciting”… looks like something to spend some dosh on that, missed the thread first time around.

More powerful though- Is it starting to get a bit pressure washery? My poor Raceface BB bearings.

Tracey

Ours is still going strong and after a years use its made washing the bikes when we are out and about so much easier, especially after the gentle ribbing I got when we bought it.

At some events I even been asked for the loan of it but always politely decline.

For any one that is interested the drill only without the battery is now on the Argos ebay site at £16.99

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

20V should be enough though if it is as efficient as my dewalt stuff at using it’s battery.

And the jet on my 12V waterman is plenty strong enough.

DrP

I’m planning on rigging some ex army jerry cans to the side of my cargo bike, plonking the lad on the back, and really giving it some beans with the Worxs washer at this years Big Bike Bash!!!!!

Those otehr kids with pithy spray guns are gonna regret waking up… 😀

DrP

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Quick question for you hydroshot users.

Is it worth paying extra for the complete kit or have you just bought the basic one?

andysmiff1
    Free Member

For any one that is interested the drill only without the battery is now on the Argos ebay site at £16.99

Got a link Tracey?

Thanks,

A

dmorts

I think these were at £120 in B&Q last night, thought it would be too powerful for washing bikes…but that’s not be the case/consensus?

rone

Is it worth paying extra for the complete kit or have you just bought the basic one?

I bought the complete kit. It’s handy having the extra wand, although the foam bottle doesn’t really work very well.

An essential purchase is a rapid charger (and more batteries) as the charger that comes with it is a trickle charger which is around 5 hours. I’ve got another thread somewhere with my experiences on it.

And no it’s not too powerful for bikes. I’m using mine at least once a week on two bikes.

My new routine is  to Hydroshot off as much as possible, hot soapy water and then rinse of with Hydroshot. Towel dry. It’s as good as a system as I’ve ever had and boy have I had some cleaning systems! I do find just jet washing alone doesn’t really clean a bike.

I’ve all but given up with muc-off though. I’m going old-school with soapy water. Just need to rinse off properly.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I found a glove like this works well for washing, you can shoot it full of water and then rub down the bike to get all the much off, then blast it with the washer again to get the dirt out and rinse the bike some more :

rone

I found a glove like this works well for washing :

Might go down that route. My sponges all fall apart when scrubbing.

frogstomp

Got a link Tracey?

Doesn’t look like they’re on eBay any more, but you might find one for collection at a store near you..

LittleNose
    Free Member

where currently is the best place to buy one of these Hydroshots?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Loving mine.  Bought one of these jerrycans for supply – https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0030Y55QW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stable enough not to fall over, clear so you can see the water level.  Took the filter off the end of the hose and it goes in through the nozzle.

I don’t think the extras in the “kit” are worth the money (though I think its on amazon for 120 a the moment).  Toolstation at £94 is a bargain if that’s still available – cheapest I’ve heard it being.

Tracey

Looks like the drills on ebay have all gone.

We use one of those mits and a fold down camping bucket from Aldi

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

I’m just posting to say thank you to DrP for starting this topic.

I’ve just tried the hydroshot today and it’s a fantastic bit of kit. I was surprised at how powerful it actually is.

If anyone is thinking of getting one and is a bit hesitant, don’t be. Very impressive.

rone

Slightly upset I did a thread on this product a few weeks before. 😉 Boo hoo.

I’ve really given mine some stick over winter. It’s been a good workhorse.

I even did the car with it the other day.

Alex

On tool station (with no accessories for £100) so bought one today. Noticed the battery is just about the same as for my JCB drill. Both LI-ON, 20V but JCB is 1.5A and 30wH whereas Worx is 2.0A and 36wH. Any views on if it’d be sae to use JCB batts as I have two already…..

v8ninety

Go for it. Same voltage, what’s the worst that can happen? 🔥💥🔥

Alex

Well hopefully i can put myself out if it catches fire! I’ll report back 🙂

Alex

That’s a fab thing! Washed the car (disgusting) and a bike (equally disgusting) off one semi-charged drill battery. I like the different setting on the lance, the 40% one is great for washing soap off. Not too powerful it’ll leech the grease from bearings, but not the mouse-coughing uselessness of my 12v Nomad.

I’ll stick the official battery on tomorrow and attack what I believe is my wife’s car. It’s hard to know what’s under all that dirt so be a good test.

Then it’s going in the car for the Weds night ride. Because based on current ground conditions, I’ll be cleaning the bike and myself before either of us get back in the car!

piemonster

How are you lot getting on with these now you’ve had them for a while?

Seems like a good buy with the recent outbreak at Inners. Especially as I tend to go places that lack power washers on site.

andyl
    Free Member

Not been hugely impressed with mine tbh. Wish I had waited for the 40V one.

The soap sprayer has come in handy for the sheep trailer as I need to give it a good foam down and I have been using it this weekend to clean down the sup.

Finally got the water bottle adaptor after them being out of stock for ages but it does tend to empty a water bottle very quickly so you need a few of them lined up. Much more usable with one though compared to a bucket and the syphon hose. If I am getting the hose out then I just grab the proper mains karcher but only for cars and farm stuff.

Tracey

Ours was bought specifically for cleaning the bikes whilst we were awy. Had it it since the beginning of 2017. It stays in the camper and has been used loads of times since we bought it. If we were looking to buy again would still buy it. Not got the bottle. Just drop the tube in a stream or what’s nearby. If no accessible water source the we have a collapsible bucket that works for a couple of bikes

piemonster

For a moment there I thought I’d posted on LivestockFarmerTrackWorld 😁

Im thinking specifically for cleaning 2 bikes  post ride where I’ll have water but no power. Anything better out there? I don’t really do trail centres so can’t rely on something on site to use.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Just ordered one, been meaning to get one for a while. seen them when doing cross last season.

REf the 40v one,

looks like there not in the UK yet & v limited,  not even on ebay!!

Thou on Worx website. https://www.worx.com/40v-hydroshot-portable-power-cleaner-wg640.html

DezB
    Free Member

Tell you what, I bought the budget version! A Lidl mobi pressure washer. Must say I have purchased a few bits of hardware from Lidl before, including my fab cordless lawn mower, and they’ve been great! But this mobi washer, not only is the jet less powerful than I can squirt myself from most bodily orifices, but filled it to take to BPW. Stopped for petrol after a few miles and the thing had leaked out any water all over the back footwell (luckily had out newspaper underneath in case.) Piece of utter crap. And I’ve lost the receipt!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘So…I bought one of those Worx Hydroshot washers…’ is closed to new replies.