Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • So your middle aged with an Italian heritage car… (Sunnies content)
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Who n earth asks for advice on what sunglasses to choose?

Ah, someone who calls a modern Alfa “heritage” and thinks oakleys look good outwith sport.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with asking about sunnies.

A lot wrong with calling an Alfa estate “Italian heritage…” though!

Raybans for driving. Glasses with a gradient tint (right terminology) are my preference (in an Australian heritage sports car)

re: Thread title – it’s *you’re* – you’re welcome 🙂

DrJ

If it ws an Italian heritage car, Persol would be de rigeur.

bigrich

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v8VAt5hO8s[/video]

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

The mrs has a 9 year old yaris.

I’d hate her to have inappropriate sunnies on, what shades for a japanese heritage car?

Heritage my arse…

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

not ray bans, since sunglass hut bought the brand they fall to pieces within a few months, two pairs did for me.

Sam

Well clearly you need something Italian

BadlyWiredDog

What a lovely thread. I recently bought a used hermitage Italian car and am wondering what sunnies I need to wear with it. I am a plump prelate of advanced years with pretensions of grandeur. I need something that will make me look simultaneously pious and a little bit holy. If it helps, I generally wear white robes, though occasionally purple. Any advice?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nothing wouldn’t result in a ban….

slowoldman

Well I had to Google “Neocatechumenal Way” and it turns out to have nothing to do with heritage Italian cars or sunglasses.

mrmoofo

I used to wear Juilettes in 1996 …
    I have two pairs – have worn them in years

BTW Rayban Wayfarer 1s

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is that ton modelling those hideous ones up there?

Nico
    Free Member

OP has large oval face. Heritage car has large oval face.

I thought it was going to be an Arna.

Daffy

The Kimi look?

Deveron53
    Free Member

American Optical – look them up on ebay. About £30 inc shipping.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Loved those Briko sunglasses and Michele Bartoli!

olddog

Police Flash 2 or Von Zipper Skitch Aviators for me. Bit above budget, but a bigger squarer aviator for the middle aged man I think.

edhornby

forget about the car, forget about brand

go to an opticians, try lots on, ask the lady who works there

go to another opticians, try theirs on as they have different product lines, they follow fashion and sometimes they may have nothing that suits you

if that is the picture of the OP – go for a medium size lens, avoid round shapes and not too deep, go for a darker frame colour but not a black lens, a grey tint lens would be better because you have fair hair and fair skin

Kryton57

if that is the picture of the OP

Yep, thats me…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

harsh

Could be worse, he could have pointed to the fact it’s underpinnings are GM, you know, the people who also make Cadillac, and errrrrrr, the Vectra.

Kryton57

It isn’t though. Only the gearbox is GM.

milko9000
    Free Member

Persol. Good enough for Steve McQueen back in the day. Blows the budget a bit but they’re nice and not so ubiquitous as Wayfarers etc.

Kryton57

Worth a punt at £9.99?

Fake Aviators…

Kryton57

Persol. Good enough for Steve McQueen

An image search which led to…

Job done!

Edit: Oh wait £400 – £1000 😕

Rockape63
    Free Member

If you’re quick Mcmoonter might have a spare pair!

here

LenHankie

Persols or Wayfarers. Nothing says ‘middle aged and no idea’ like a pair of 1990s style ‘sporty’ Oakleys – unless you’re actually partaking in sport at the time.

aP
    Free Member

If you do get those you’ll have to turn your t-shirt sleeves up a couple of times and fit a soft pack of Camels into the fold.

Sam

If you are tempted by Plaintiffs then you should just get some Aviators…

I still reckon some Brikos are just the right sort of Italian sporty class you are after – given what you’ve been wearing to now 😉

Kryton57

Persol 2747 almost the same as JB’s for £81. I might just get these:

http://www.framesdirect.com/product_elarge_images/persol-sun-po2747s-2431-57-angle.jpg

And leave he Juliets for the beach.

Kryton57

Hmm. Fakes.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Persol. Good enough for Steve McQueen back in the day. Blows the budget a bit but they’re nice and not so ubiquitous as Wayfarers etc.

Persol, Police, Carrera, Vuarnet.
    Oakleys and raybans are for people who wear superdry, like tanning salons and who like to ‘make progress’ in sports utility vehicles.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

thegeneralist said

I’m confused. You’re driving along in a car. You won’t look suave or sporty, you’ll just look like a bloke in a car. Or maybe a bloke in a car who’s trying too hard.

Kryton57, I must humbly apologise. I’ve only seen two of your threads and thought you came across as a bit of a tumschie. However I’ve now realised that it was all done in a piss taking way to bring some of these genuine tumschies out into the open. Like the one that made the bizarre pronouncement about how Aviators make you look cool but ’90s Oakleys don’t.

Sorry once again, and have fun with the piss taking threads.

Kryton57

I have a very dry sense of humour, little of what I say in here is very serious unless it’s on the Bike or Bullhearts threads.

Although I have just ordered a pair of genuine Persol 2747’s tortoishell/green lense. I’ll feed back after I’ve worn them as to whether anyone considers me trying to hard.

Needless to say I’ve blown the budget, but hey it’s only numbers. Gulp

Kryton57

I forgot to post an update! The Persols arrived in 48hrs, I’m very impressed with them, here they are:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/s4BqnR]Untitled[/url]

mogrim

Those glasses are too small for that nose 🙂

wwaswas

There’s a bit of tension between the eyes there too 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

So someone got a 3 page thread about an average pair of sunnies, calling his modern Alfa “Heritage Ialian”.

And people flame my threads?

wwaswas

He used the wrong ‘your’ in the thread title too. It’s been grating every time I see it.

Kryton57

mogrim – Member
    Those glasses are too small for that nose

Most glasses are TBH.

cynic-al – Member
    So someone got a 3 page thread about an average pair of sunnies, calling his modern Alfa “Heritage Ialian”.

Stop being so sensitive and enjoy the fact its Friday.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘So your middle aged with an Italian heritage car… (Sunnies content)’ is closed to new replies.