Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • So, wife "doesn't want anything for Xmas"…
  • MoreCashThanDash

Again!

Various things we have needed to buy for the house in the last month or two have been described as “our present to each other”.

She says that there is nothing she needs or wants. Then she said “I’ve got your present sorted…”

I’ve suggested shows she’d probably like, couple of things she would probably use, suggested putting some money towards finally getting the kitchen done as she keeps moaning about it, adamant she doesn’t want/need anything.

Sick of getting this year after year, think I’ll call the bluff and deal with the fall out Xmas morning, which should be good with my parents being here as well! What’s the worst that could happen….

(I have got her a present from the kids, obviously)

chakaping
    Free Member

And they say romance is dead.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Mate – Just go and buy something. Is it just not worth it. It’s simply a test to see if you can guess what she wants. It’s the “if you really love me you wouldn’t need to ask” ploy.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

You ought to have the wifes birthday 10 days before Christmas like mine and wants nothing for both !! Its a nightmare.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Make a donation to a charity on her behalf. Is there anything she might feel strongly about?

MSP

It’s a trap!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Edit for x post MSP’s version is much better

khani
    Free Member

Instead of asking just buy something you think she’ll like, don’t mention it, don’t agree an amount to spend..
    It’s a test to see if you can think for yourself and if you GAF..

endurogangster
    Free Member

Get her a sex swing

mikertroid
    Free Member

A new frying pan or Iron always go down well as a nice surprise….

sandwicheater

stavromuller
    Free Member

The oldest trick in the female arsenal, your life will be hell until next Xmas. Mrs. S’s birthday is day after boxing day and I get it x2

chrisdw
    Free Member

PlayStation 4!

Bargains on eBay!

olddog

… as comments above – this is a trap…

Khani has it right – but keep the receipts so she can swap it for something she really wants

mos

Get a liberator cushion as a joint present.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Get her some Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb.

Worked out well for me last year when ‘she’ didn’t want anything. Now I have an easy option every year for the foreseeable future.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

hels
    Free Member

Well she has that wrong – I thought your True Love was supposed to bring passive aggressive BS on the 4th day of Christmas.

Call her bluff definitely.

charliemort

I think I’d put this in same category as last nights episode

err indoors comes in after cr@p day at work, we were going to go for a swim training session, daughter needs picking up after

“don’t talk to me, go swimming, I can’t think of anything I’d less like to do than get in a cold pool, and pick Mischa up while you’re at it”

Do as told, get home

“You should have made me go swimming………”

mudpup
    Free Member

Apple stuff always goes down well

Get her an i Ron

ekul
    Free Member

Get her some Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb

+1 and it comes in refillable bottles! So the initial huge outlay isn’t quite as painful in the long term 😀

BobaFatt
    Free Member

reminds me of this

Junkyard
    Free Member

What about ironic gifts that will teach her
    mind reader: Unlocking the power of your mind to get what you want

Its deffo a trap though and you have to get something good.

MoreCashThanDash

boba fett – that ad isn’t funny. Imagine the motorbike is actually a Santa Cruz Blur…..I still miss that bike. 🙁

Anyway, problem solved – what she wants and needs for Christmas is a new landing ceiling, as she has just put her foot through the only unboarded part of the loft while searching for the xmas lights 🙄

(She is unhurt, thankfully)

ninfan
    Free Member

adamant she doesn’t want/need anything.

Be prepared!

have the conversation again – this time, as soon as she says she doesn’t want anything, whip out a sheet of paper and a pen from the cupboard, and say

‘write it down’

of course the answer will be ‘what?’

and you say ‘I’m not falling for this trap again, write down that you don’t want anything, and sign it’

pull the pre-prepared frame out of the cupboard and put it on the wall, no more arguments, its there in black and white

Did this with my mum on a weekend visit couple of years ago, caused much hilarity in the family, my dad loved it 😀

thebrowndog
    Free Member

One year my wife said she didn’t want anything so I bought her a bench drill press. Next year she asked for some shoes.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mrs tr did this once. She got a bike cleanin kit from pedros.

She rides bikes but i have to clean them all….. She uses all three every week.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh yeah – went down like lead baloon

toppers3933
    Free Member

Heaven forbid you’d use your initiative! 😉 Stop waiting for her to suggest something and go buy something that you think she will like. I’m assuming that because you’re married you have at least a vague idea of what that could be? Surely its better to get something she doesn’t necessarily ‘want’.

CountZero

scaredypants

Oh yeah – went down like lead baloon

Wow – I’d have thought she’d be cross

tymbian
    Free Member

Buy yourself another present with the Money you’ve put aside for her present. Next year she’ll be more specific.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’m puzzled, surely you know your wife well enough to know if she means it or not?? And surely she knows you well enough to be honest with you?

JAG

Yeah be very careful 😯

Then use your initiative – think about what she likes then buy something that would make her happy. It’s easier than you think and you can’t be criticised as badly as if you do nothing.

squiff
    Free Member

Me and the wife were on about xmas presents earlier today and didnt have a clue what to get each other so after a bit of thinking we decided to do them Mini cruises from hull to amsterdam. they are 2 for 1 at mo

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Mrs Sox had a phase of “don’t really need/want anything for Christmas”.
    An ironing board cover, a pack of pegs and some tea towels sorted that out. 😉

robbo76
    Free Member

Don’t believe that shit.

stavromuller
    Free Member

toxicsoks also has pants on fire

grantway
    Free Member

Don’t believe it ! Mrs said that one year and was walking round the house
    like an aardvark
    Should have seen her face light up once I had given her some presents.
    But I did let her mop for an hour :mrgreen:

Pretend but do buy at least one

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘So, wife "doesn't want anything for Xmas"…’ is closed to new replies.