Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • So who has the "Blingiest" Bike on STW ?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

………………………..trots off to investigate piggy bank 😛

flange
    Free Member

I think my Niner when its complete will be pretty bling

Carbon Air 9 frame and fork
    Enve rims on Tune hubs with custom graphics
    Full Enve finishing kit
    Brakeforce One brakes
    Tune cranks
    Di2 converted to MTB usage

dirtyrider
    Free Member

did you see the r2-bikes post about BrakeForce One Brakes?

they think they are shit, no power, randomly broke and removed them from sale?

flange
    Free Member

Er – nope! Thats a bit of a worry. its one of the things holding the build up at the moment so maybe a set of r1’s instead then. Thanks for the heads-up

scruff
    Free Member

I used to have a pretty bling bike back in the day. the frame cracked was eventually rewelded under warranty then cracked twice more and ended up in the skip.

Niche / bling is a load of old trollops.

toons
    Free Member

flange who’s doing the Di2 conversion?

honourablegeorge

ZaskarCarbon – Member
    CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Zaskar, that IS bling!
    Thanks .. Nowhere near as bling as a lot of modern kit, but a damn sight rarer!

It’s not built how I want it yet, either… It’ll soon have full M950 kit on it, a set of Middleburn RS3s and a smattering of original X-Lite anodised bits. I’m debating on whether to keep the 1st Generation Crossmax wheels or go with a set of good old British Hope Ti hubs laced to some nice Mavic Ceramics.. Seatpost and bars are the original X-Lite titanium ones too, so they’re staying..

My LBS has a lovely set of old MAvic Ceramic Crossmax for sale.

flange
    Free Member

Its been sent to a place in the states. They couldn’t get hold of any Di2 over there so my local shop, Lifecycles in Bildeston have sent a kit over there to be converted. Can find out the name of the place if you want details? Drop me a line on wilkitcher@gmail.com….

njee20
    Free Member

Is it the K-Edge conversion?

That does sound bling, not sure I’d go for the Brake Force One brakes, they just sound a bit odd frankly! Wouldn’t want to go back to a closed system either, and they’re bloody expensive for a teenagers (admittedly very impressive) A-level design project 🙂

XTR Race for my money. Scrub rotors if you want more (largely pointless) bling.

flange
    Free Member

I think it is – rings a bell.

They do sound a bit odd, but mainly picked because a) they’re red and match the colour theme and b) they’re a bit pimp. However, if they’re rubbish it’ll be XTR’s, although I really like R1’s.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

thought the k-edge shifters had to be used with XTR brakes?

ive got the Newbury Bike Park ones like off this

Cannondale’s 15.6lb Flash Mountain Bike with Di2 Electronic Shifting

standard sram fitting

njee20
    Free Member

Love that bike, the green Ultrahubs look awesome, although they’d be better on black rims IMO. Alu NU bars by the looks of it, could shave a bit more there!

Alejandro
    Free Member

This I think is the nicest bike I’ve ever seen: clicly Lynskey Pro 29 Lefty.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

This I think is the nicest bike I’ve ever seen

That could give the paperclip a run for its money

njee20
    Free Member

Not my choice of frame, but I like the spec, really like the green bits, just don’t see enough green bikes! Stand by my comment on his thread that the grips clash though.

Someone on WW repainted a 2009 S-Works Epic, but replicated all the red bits (fork, decals etc) with green, looked awesome.

slinkybike
    Free Member

That lynskey has too much colour coding but it’s lovely.

flange
    Free Member

really like the green bits

If only hope brakes weren’t so rubbish, you could by those team only ones off a certain ex-mtbr!

Alejandro
    Free Member

Hmmm, I don’t think it has too much colour-coding. I love the splashes of green ano. And, as noted above green isn’t your typical colour, it’s always red that’s anodised.

Also, it fits the thread description of being properly bling – the I9 wheels, the Schmolke, the R1’s with carbon levers, the XX (although I personally would have gone for XTR)… Even the brake pads were chosen because they are green! 😀

flange
    Free Member

I quite like that Lynskey but this freaks me the flip out

njee20
    Free Member

If only hope brakes weren’t so rubbish, you could by those team only ones off a certain ex-mtbr!

Are you refering to someone specific? 😕

Hope green is too ‘lime’ for my liking anyway, prefer Chris King/I9 green myself!

flange
    Free Member

A certain ex-Whyte rider….

It also seems to wear badly – ending up like a chocolate lime colour…

njee20
    Free Member

A certain ex-Whyte rider….

Nope I’m lost, must have missed something. Is Billy-Joe selling off a load or sommat?

flange
    Free Member

Yeah, he was a while back. Not sure if he’s still got any.

bol

Flange, that sounds proper pimp. Can’t wait to see the home brewed di2. Have you found anywhere to hide the battery pack?

njee20
    Free Member

Fair enough, happy not using any Hope kit, and don’t like the green, otherwise that could be tempting!

It comes up periodically from various sources, there’s at least one legitimate user on here!

godzilla
    Free Member

This had all the hallmarks of a good thread. Can somebody please rescue it with some sweet bike pics?

flange
    Free Member

Now with Di2 and Lightweights..

flange
    Free Member

bol – not sure what the plan on the battery pack is. I’ve seen a mount that bolts to the bottle cage bosses, but there’s also that ‘dale with it zip-tied lower down near the BB. A nice trick Calfree seatpost with the charging point would be nice but I’m fresh out body parts to sell….

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘So who has the "Blingiest" Bike on STW ?’ is closed to new replies.