Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • So, where is everyone riding this sunny weekend?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Looks set to be a scorcher, and we’re off to the Peaks on Friday so:

Stop off at Sherwood Pines on the way up and meet my brother
    Cut Gate on Saturday
    General Edale/Mam Tor/etc ride on Sunday

Then further north to Alnwick to my parent’s next week and hopefully Keilder at some point…

I’m so excited, like a 4 year old in a sweetie shop! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mix of road/off road around Salisbury Plain whenever I can fit it in around a hectic schedule of BBQ and beer!

And going to the LBS to spend some money! Woo! New helmet for starters. Might treat myself to something else if I can get inspired.

alfabus
    Free Member

don’t know. it’s a surprise.

it was my birthday last thursday, and one of my presents from the missus is a weekend away. i don’t know where we are going (but i suspect north wales due to her traffic and timing comments) and i don’t know what we’re doing, but we’re taking bikes (she specified full suss, rather than hardtail 🙂 )

Dave

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

it was my birthday last thursday, and one of my presents from the missus is a weekend away.

So, we know who where you’ll be riding then….! 😉

Happy Belated Birthday!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

The Limousin for completely empty trails in big hills. Going to be shown some new areas as well as riding in some of my favourite places

flyingmonkeycorps

Off to Dalby on Monday, but I’m in the process of seeing if I can convince someone to give me a lift to the Peak at some point over the weekend…

monksie
    Free Member

Friday, Sunday and Monday. Peak District. Monday is a road ride though.

oldgit
    Free Member

Road road and more road.

Sons birthday on StGeorges day though, so I’ll have to stop for a bit I supose.

yossarian
    Free Member

Lake district tomorrow, gonna demo an st4 which should be cool.

rickmeister

Auchindrain I think.. or maybe a raid on Arran…

sofaking
    Free Member

checking out the singletack in thetford for the 1st time in ages, but not sure which day

momo

Decorating all weekend, but riding in Wales Tuesday and Wednesday next week 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m thinking of touring the Purbecks with a tent 🙂

domino

Awww, what a good missus you have there Alfabus.

Thursday night at Gisburn – not my usual thing but off to the Howgills to ride horses rather than bikes for the weekend at a Hen Do. Hopefully will get to ride bikes on Monday if I can sneak off early.

flebby
    Free Member

Friday – Thorndon Country Park, Essex,
    Saturday/Sunday – Local roads to try and build up some mileage,
    Monday – Out running (jogging!), hoping to clock up a 10k+.

Thats the plan anyway….

dizcostix
    Free Member

fri-mon north wales including a first time snowdon experience.

Those of you going to thetford, this recent weather has turned parts of the trail almost beach like. Take your bucket and spade 🙂

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Camping near Nant-yr-Arian Fri to Mon, so its a dry Syfydrin one day and a quick Summit before returning Monday. Mrs BP and the 2 dogs will take up remaining time.
    Loving the sun 😀

Have a great ride everyone

lexiekay
    Free Member

Friday-Monday riding in the Lakes
    Tuesday-Friday riding in the 7Stanes
    Saturday-Monday riding in N Wales
    Yippee!

chvck
    Free Member

Camping near Nant-yr-Arian Fri to Mon, so its a dry Syfydrin one day and a quick Summit before returning Monday. Mrs BP and the 2 dogs will take up remaining time.

Some really nice views off the Syfydrin at the moment!

Personally, so long as I find a mate to ride with, will probably do the Syfydrin (plus some other stuff :D) Saturday and then dyfi Sunday

seosamh77
    Free Member

not 100% yet, but contemplating my first 50(52) mile run, train up to bidge of allan, head for loch venacher, over to aberfoyle, south thru the forest roads, join on to the whw at drymen and then through mugdock to milngavie.. mix of road and forest roads. should be good, forcast is excellent, i’m taking extra shorts for a dip in some loch somewhere! it’ll take me all day but it’ll be fun. 🙂

MrKmkII
    Free Member

50(52) mile run

i hope you mean cycle! 😮

seosamh77
    Free Member

i hope you mean cycle!

haha, aye! 😀

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’m doing a STW Dartmoor ride on Sunday – everyone welcome to join in the fun.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I was contemplating the Q’s but Les has tempted me to Dartmoor

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

MIL coming to visit Friday night until Monday morn. Not looking forward to it!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Not sure yet, but thinking about popping my 100 mile off-road cherry with a Swan’s Way double on Saturday if this cold I’ve got doesn’t get too much worse. Well, not quite the whole double, I’ll cut out the ~10 miles between Goring & Watlington I think. 110 miles off-road on the singlespeed should be an interesting challenge!

R.lepecha

Not doing any riding at the weekend, but since we have Monday off… We’re of to Stainburn for the day.

cinnamon_girl

Pete – if you’re going to Alnwick then the Cheviots isn’t far away! The Ingram Valley isn’t far away, as is Bewick Moor where I enjoyed a very pleasant ride with sea views.

Have a great time anyway! 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Off camping with the nipper on Friday and going to give the legs a well deserved rest ready for a few days of biking with “the lads” in mid wales on Sunday. I have put so many miles in this last two weeks they are in tatters at the moment.

tollah
    Free Member

Thurs/fri St Albans
    Sat Rhayder
    Sun FOD
    Mon Wye Valley
    Tues Cotswolds
    Weds road
    Thurs Road or local
    Fri SSEC 2011 Belgiumshire.

dobo
    Free Member

i’ll probably just go to the local woods, lordswood as its running so sweet at the moment. tonight was great
    but if i had an entire day to waste on the bike id probably try to get to the purbecks!

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Local spin (Greenham Common) tomorrow, Afan Friday (Wall) & Saturday (W2?), then maybe local again or Swinley on Monday 🙂

jedi

massive camping festival at herts. all weekend. live music, beers and stoopidity 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

massive camping festival at herts. all weekend. live music, beers and stoopidity

Happy Easter 😀

Local Surrey trails for me as I’ve drawn the short straw at work and am ‘on call’ 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Mmmm, haven’t decided yet. The Chilterns are calling me though …

psling
    Free Member

tollah – Member
    Thurs/fri St Albans
    Sat Rhayder
    Sun FOD
    Mon Wye Valley
    Tues Cotswolds
    Weds road
    Thurs Road or local
    Fri SSEC 2011 Belgiumshire.

Tapering for the Euros then ‘Don? 😀

Friday working
    Saturday/Sunday FoD/Wye Valley
    Monday packing
    Tues off to France/Belgiumshire 8)

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Everyone seems to have lots fo fun sounding things planned!

I’m working Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday and then some sort of (bikeless) family day trip on the Sunday. Probably for the best cus my wrist isn’t working at the moment! 🙁

Working in a bike shop means I still get to enjoy the sunshine though 😛

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Racing DH at Gethin on Saturday & Sunday, staying over & riding XC at Afan on the Monday 🙂

Weather certainly looks good for it!

Duggan

Train to New Mills and then Hayfield, Mellor, Marple etc and back to my house in Manchester tomorrow hopefully

Dibbs
    Free Member

saladdoger, the Quantocks is pretty slippery at the moment due to the dusty trails, it’s best that you avoid it because we don’t want you falling off (again). Oh, hang on, it’s not just dusty trails that you fall off of 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘So, where is everyone riding this sunny weekend?’ is closed to new replies.