Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • So, this HTC Desire thingy ?
  • billybob
    Free Member

Not sure I'm that impressed with Facebook taking over a bit, but can always remove/deactivate.

At least it's given my contacts some nice pictures.

I'm also liking how I can sync with ical/google calendar/phone calendar, & even putting my facebook events onto my calendar…

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

i'm getting frustrated by lack of options in google calendar – birthdays & other things not being done properly, it can't be that hard, sort it out!!!

spooky_b329

So, where is the cheapest place to buy?! Don't mind paying a bit for the phone if it works out cheaper overall, I will be a very low user for calls and texts, just the data I will need 🙂

stumpy01

Mine was from T-Mobile for 15 quid a month – 300 mins 300 texts, unlimited internet & flexible booster. Contract is 24 months & phone cost 129 quid.
    Never paid for a phone before, but felt like treating myself.
    Just found the first issue though while typing this – there's no pound sign I can find, hence me typing "quid"!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Try mobiles.co.uk, but also expansys.co.uk to see what deals they may be doing themselves

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

The pound sign is on the 2nd page of symbols. Bit of an ars£ (typed on my Hero)!

spooky_b329

Thanks Stumpy, that doesn't sound too bad…works out about the same overall as buying it prepay 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

Best deals I've found for this phone are either direct through T-mobile, or mobilephonesdirect.co.uk do some good "free" phone contract deals.

I wouldn't touch mobiles.co.uk – they're owned by the carphonewarhouse (along with an awful lot of other big name online retailers!)

tragically1969
    Free Member

What is T-Mobiles coverage like compared to the likes of O2 and Voda ?

fbk
    Free Member

Very much depends on where you live. Orange is generally the best round here (mid Wales) but T-mobile seems to be catching up and may improve with the Orange/T-mobile merger.
    They've got a facility on their website for you to put a load of post codes in and it will give you an idea of what you can expect. They also say that if you use this feature, then buy a phone and the coverage isn't as good is they say, you can get a refund…

stumpy01

Cheers for that d_r – found it! Didn't notice the 2nd page. Thought the symbols page was a bit sparse!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

There is nothing wrong, per se, with mobiles.co.uk – I trialled an HTC TD2 on O2 with them, and returned it no problem within the fortnight cooling off period.
    I did borrow a friend's sim card to test it though, to avoid using the bundled one, as doing that would have meant I accepted the contract.

edsbike
    Free Member

Got mine on Wednesday from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk. Fast delivery, and slightly cheaper than t mobile direct. Got it free on a 25 a month 18 month. Works out a bit cheaper than paying 129 up front.

Dead impressed with phone, screen is incredible, and makes my iPhone look a bit poo. Screen surround (the bronzey bit) is metal, and feels pretty solid all round. Battery life similar to iPhone, seems to be some good apps on the marketplace, and pretty impressed with Android so far. Not immediately as easy to use as the iPhone, but with a bit of practice should be fine, and I think you have a bit more control over things.

Would definitely recommend it.

Ed

lodious
    Free Member

I got one last week…i honestly think it's be best designed object i've seen for a very long time. HTC really appear to be firing on all four cylinders at the moment. Even the manual is really well written. I am really impressed. Do they do a smaller version, cuz my wife (who's a total technophobe) is actually impressed.

Flaperon

@lodious

Consider the HTC Legend for your wife.

freddyg
    Free Member

Do they do a smaller version, cuz my wife (who's a total technophobe) is actually impressed.

Same problem here! I'm well impressed and so is MrsG. I struggle to get it off her. 😀

spooky_b329

Boo! Waited three days for one of the local T-Mobile shops to get it in stock, then when there was no prospect of delivery I ordered from their online shop on Friday. 3 days was the delivery estimate due to demand…just had an email, rather than the expected 'dispatched today 48hr delivery' it was 'sorry out of stock, will be in 'very soon'.' Now maybe I'm being cynical but the lack of dates/estimates makes me think 'very soon' means a week or two…

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘So, this HTC Desire thingy ?’ is closed to new replies.