Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • warning – spoiler thread – so Contador?
  • tonyg2003

Well it was a bit of a school boy error from Schlek but should Albert have waited?

Personally I'm not sure. Some of my sense of true British good sporting behaviour in me says he should have and some says it was Schlek's own fault (it wasn't like he was taken out by circumstances beyond his control, like a spectator stepping out in front of him) and that's bike racing?

Well your thoughts?

RealMan
    Free Member

Bit of a spoiler of a thread title.

But yes, he should have.

Jamie
    Free Member

Spoiler police throwing ninja stars in 5….4….3….2…..

theflatboy
    Free Member

i've only seen the odd update on here and elsewhere but i thought schlek dropped his chain? what did he do that was his fault?

warton
    Free Member

best spoiler title in a long time! well done!

mogrim

No, Schleck wouldn't have waited, Sanchez and Menchov didn't.

But definitely a different thread title next time.

tonyg2003

and mention of the result? None.

gnasher
    Free Member

Hindsight's wonderful. Not sure , but when it happened it probably looked as if AS had made a mistake and AC took advantage of an opponents error.

drofluf
    Free Member

It was a bike race!!! Whether there's some unwritten rule of Tour ettiquette he's trying to win!

soobalias
    Free Member

there were already two current threads that you could have used.

UTFS.

speaker2animals

How was it Schleck's fault? The only comment I would make is that even I can get my chain back on by downshifting and soft pedalling. But then I've never had a chain come off as I was putting time in to Contador as I attacked up a Pyrenean climb. While I don't think he should have "waited" I feel it would have been in the usual spirit to soft pedal or not attack.

Could well be an unpopular win if he pulls on the yellow jersey in Paris. Unless he puts more time in to AS.

tonyg2003

I think that it was Schlecks fault or maybe the mechanic's since Andy was the one who chose to change chainring. That's always got to be a carefully thought out decsision when you are full on racing.

warton
    Free Member

But then I've never had a chain come off as I was putting time in to Contador as I attacked up a Pyrenean climb

really? you haven't lived! I try and do it at least once a week!

cynic-al
    Free Member

drofluf – Member
    It was a bike race!!! Whether there's some unwritten rule of Tour ettiquette he's trying to win!

Erm my understanding is there's plenty of etiquette, and among it: you don't sprint away from someone who's had a puncture or similar bad luck.

hora
    Free Member

Remember Ullrich and Lance down. Ullrich really did look like he wanted to launch off but reluctantly? held his charge.

Does Contador know what faces him even if he wins 😀

speaker2animals

Hora – another Grand Tour win and a (relative) shed load of cash in next years contract. (We aren't talking a strenuous sport like footy or golf now are we).

rsturbo
    Free Member

Sportsmanship?? If an athlete has to use the advantage of a mechanical fault to win the Tour then he is not a true champion. Yes he wins, but he has not beaten him on physical merit!
    Contador panicked because he was on his limit and used the chain slip to power on, the other riders followed.

The crowds reaction when Contador put on the yellow jersey says it all.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘warning – spoiler thread – so Contador?’ is closed to new replies.