Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • So our friend died today…
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So very very sad!
    Good friend of ours, and our daughters best friends mum. **** cancer! Indiscriminate family destroyer!
    Feel so utterly useless as we came on holiday today!

scaredypants

Yeh, it’s a bastard alright – condolences to your friends and to you

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. My condolences 🙁

teasel
    Free Member

Feel so utterly useless

My partner’s mum has just been diagnosed and the best I could do was whip her off to Wales to see her. It’s not a nice feeling, is it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

41 years of age! Forty **** one! That’s what hits home the most!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

We bury a good friend of Mrs Cat tomorrow, fought breast cancer for years but succumbed ten days ago, 52 and leaves two great kids & husband. Seem to be doing this rather a lot. Our thoughts are with you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I remember you mentioning this before matey. Is your daughter friends with hers? It’s a very sad situation but from what you said before, it sounds like you’ll be there for the family when needed. There’s not much more you can do. And just offer what support you can for the remaining partner. My condolences. 🙁

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I feel for you. I’ve already lost a friend at 43 and I heard last week that one of my longest standing biking buddies and fellow STWer has lung cancer. a more clean living guy you couldn’t meet.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I recall you mentioning this poor lady a while ago WS. Thoughts are with you and them tonight.

tymbian
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your family.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Utmost sympathy to you . My dad succomb to the vile disease aged 44. He would be working his last year to retirement now and in June would have been a free man with mum. 🙁 . Missed his kids growing up, grand kids and all those things that would make him a pivotal person in our family life today.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So I’ve just had a proper teary hr with the wife, I’m sure the wines not helping, and in all honesty it’s her good friend not mine, I’m useless! Tried the usual, “remember her for her” stuff. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ton

life is a proper bastard sometimes mate……..try and be strong.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just listen to her, would be my suggestion. Create the environment where she feels able to talk freely about her feelings, if she wants to. You can’t really do much more than that. And crying is good. Although preferably not alcohol induced.

dannyh
    Free Member

Just keep going. The utter randomness of life is baffling and worrying in equal measure.

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

No advice to give, just so sorry for you all, lost a close friend a few years ago to breast cancer, she had been fighting it for 5 years she was only 51 when she passed away. Your right cancer is a f*** of a disease and it always seems to take the best people from us. Just be there for your wife and if tears and wine is the way for now just go with it, my thoughts are with you.

samuri
    Free Member

That’s a real bummer. Sorry to hear it.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Lost my father in law last week and my Dad is also diagnosed with advanced stages.
    Such a horrible disease. Watching people close to you going through it and trying to fight it is heart breaking.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’re sat in a caravan in the middle of Yorkshire blubbing like a pair of tools. On the plus side we upgraded and it’s lovely and warm! Our two kids are tucked up, very happy and fast on! We’re gomna take that little girl camping this year which she never got to do with her mum and dad and show her how really rubbish it is when it rains 😉

Smudger666

Celebrate the life, not mourn the death is my motto, but it sounds a bit contrived sometimes.

Luv n hugs dude.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Everybody knows someone, or knows someone who knows someone victimised by the the evil C. Sad as it is, that tv advert is fackin quality; you know the one I mean?

Anyways, chin up and live life!

surfer
    Free Member

I’m sorry to hear that Wrightyson. I lost my Father to it and a friend last year. Keep your chin up.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘So our friend died today…’ is closed to new replies.