• This topic has 121 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Lifer.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • So my daughter is freaking me out a bit, any advice please.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

When she’s standing in the lounge and the curtains are closed she stands and looks at the top of them and mumbles/chats in her own little way (she’s just over 2) and then sometimes waves and then sometimes pushes something away. She seems ok but she’s freaking me and Mrs Teadrinker out a bit.

Anyone else have children that do this at all or do we need to move?

scotroutes

They’re here……

hora
    Free Member

Here starts a long thread where people say if you believe in ghosts your an idiot.

She’s using her imagination IMO.

anagallis_arvensis

Burial site?

tomhoward

Scotroutes beat me to it!

jekkyl

The ghost of Jimmy Savile?

CountZero

Just ask her what her friend’s name is. Kids frequently have imaginary friends who they’ll have long, involved conversations with, it’s a natural part of developing an imagination.
    Don’t be too surprised if she tells you off for nearly sitting on her friend one day.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Your house is infested with Brownies. Call Rentokill.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

your an idiot

Eye ronny.

hora
    Free Member

Just make sure the name of the friend isn’t the name of the OAP who used to live there.

If you were me I’d do this….wind the missus up. Get me? 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

Has she recently spent time with with a mischievous relative who might have put her up to it?

project
    Free Member

Even the most inteligent brains, the fastest computers, CT scans and MRI scans have all failed to understansd what goes on in a womans mind.

HISTORY PROVES IT CORRECT

bearnecessities

the curtains are closed she stands and looks at the top of them and mumbles/chats

Pencil bleat.

bruneep

😀

scotroutes

Pencil bleat.[/quote]Chapeau sir!

cokie

The GFs old dog used to watch something cross the room. Completely fixated, sometimes with her back up. Really bizarre.

JoeG
    Free Member

TheFlyingOx

Yup. Our 2 year old boy does similar. We’ll be sitting at the kitchen table having breakfast or dinner or tea and totally unprompted he’ll turn to the window and watch for a bit then say either “hello” or “bye” whilst waving.

It really freaks us out. Our plan is to do nothing (he’s not at the stage yet where he can tell us who he’s talking to) and hope it passes.

ricky1
    Free Member

Exploration/learning?

hora
    Free Member

The flying Ox. You do realise it can see the goosebumps on your skin. He knows that you know.

chewkw
    Free Member

Spirit(s) or ghost(s) in the house as kids can see them if kids are below 5 yr old. Check history or location of house or sometimes it may just be passing “visitor(s)”. Once they reach certain age they will not be able to see them anymore.

If kid gets nightmare or have to cry to sleep then you might have troublesome “visitor(s)” lurking around.

Other than that you might be house poisoned … fungus carpet?

😀

yunki
    Free Member

I’d get her sectioned if I were you mate.. she sounds like a right **** nutcase

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

My eldest daughter had what we called night frights for years. she even drew a picture of the man in a long black coat and cowboy hat and boots. proper spine tingle stuff when in the room and she looks straight through me and says hes in the corner with genuine fear in her eyes.It only stoped when i let the dog sleep at the foot her bed. had a few nights with the dog growling and not had a problem since. dog died 3 years ago when daughter was 13 but the night frights never returned. SO get her a dog 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

fallsoffalot – Member

had a few nights with the dog growling and not had a problem since.

Yes, the dog see them too as the dog is protecting your daughter. Dog does not growl for no reasons.

dog died 3 years ago when daughter was 13 but the night frights never returned. SO get her a dog

This is because she cannot sense them anymore or simply the “visitor(s)” left for good …

Also kids would talk to themselves if they are playing with their own toys but not without.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

Well if he does come back he will get a shock .we have a 10 stone great dane now 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Blimey. The kid’s TWO! They live in their own world, let them enjoy it!

Nothing to be concerned about, and as for hoping it passes.. What? You’re worried they don’t fit your idea of ‘normal’?

PS it is normal anyway.

Squidlord
    Free Member

TIL: Molgrips talks to curtains.

😛

molgrips
    Free Member

I talk to imaginary people a lot. Especially on bike rides.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I talk to imaginary people a lot. Especially on bike rides. here.

molgrips
    Free Member

So.. STW is actually my personal blog?

bearnecessities

Nothing to be concerned about, and as for hoping it passes.. What? You’re worried they don’t fit your idea of ‘normal’?

Nob.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am rather curious if anyone lives in a house where the previous occupant(s) was murdered, committed suicide or died of unnatural causes.

Experience anything unusual?

😀

fallsoffalot – Member

Well if he does come back he will get a shock .we have a 10 stone great dane now

Yes, that should work fine.

Also if the dog howls (not the type of dog howl signaling other dog) for no reason then there might be something lurking around as well.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dog does not growl for no reasons.

Ours* does, although he’s an ex prison dog, and we suspect ex as he was rather too good with the drugs and they’ve not worn off. The house is built on an old monastery and they’ve changed the policy of re-interning the bodies unearthed when digging underneath for utilities to the local church instead they’re just re covered once the cable/pipe’s laid. So I had corpses outside my window for a month or so last summer!

So either your daughters on prison grade amateur pharmaceuticals, or Chewkw is.

*my parents

King-ocelot
    Free Member

When I was a kid I apparently used to talk and shout at one corner of the rarely used dining room, my parents say my older sisters did the same too. We all ‘grew out of it’ When my sister moved out she got a dog and brought him around for the first time, were he barked and snarled at the same corner. I’ve long moved out now and My dogs do the same when we visit and my new puppy is petrified to go in the room he just stares at the corner and shivers. I took my nephew to my parents (wife’s side never been there before) the dining room door was shut and he said unprompted ‘why is there knocking in that room’ I opened the door and he said ‘hello’ to what he described as an old lady on a wheel machine in the corner of the room my Dad asked him if he meant a wheel chair and he said it was a wheel infront of her why can’t we see it. I don’t believe in ghosts but it does make me get goosebumps thinking about it as I can’t rationalise it or make a logical explanation.

mattbee

My dog barks at his own farts.
    They are more ghastly than ghostly but it’s a slightly less ludicrous (and true in his case) explanation.

brakes
    Free Member

do people still have curtains?
    get with the 21st century already.

chewkw
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

The house is built on an old monastery …

Your reasoning is the dog is high on drugs coz it’s an ex-prison dog …

Try to observe if it howls again and note the time and place.

King-ocelot – Member

I don’t believe in ghosts but it does make me get goosebumps thinking about it as I can’t rationalise it or make a logical explanation.

You cannot rationalise because you have no such concept hence you cannot logically explain the situation. Yes, the old lady is there but harmless as she has not disturbed anyone.

The only understanding you have is the corner of the room that is unexplained.

rob2
    Free Member

In our old cafe, my wife used to see food fling itself off the shelves, oven switch itself on, doors that were held shut but weren’t locked.

She said she could see a little girl run past the counter sometimes as she was cashing up. The woman in the flat above said she often saw a young girl in the corner of her room.

My son (4) used to say he saw a man in his room with a hurted head holding a helmet. About 4 years before a motorcyclist died going between two cars under the railway bridge at the end of the road and his head was squashed

So I’d say ghost 🙂

jambourgie
    Free Member

Definitely ghosts. Textbook.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

When I was a kid I apparently used to talk and shout at one corner of the rarely used dining room, my parents say my older sisters did the same too. We all ‘grew out of it’ When my sister moved out she got a dog and brought him around for the first time, were he barked and snarled at the same corner. I’ve long moved out now and My dogs do the same when we visit and my new puppy is petrified to go in the room he just stares at the corner and shivers. I took my nephew to my parents (wife’s side never been there before) the dining room door was shut and he said unprompted ‘why is there knocking in that room’ I opened the door and he said ‘hello’ to what he described as an old lady on a wheel machine in the corner of the room my Dad asked him if he meant a wheel chair and he said it was a wheel infront of her why can’t we see it. I don’t believe in ghosts but it does make me get goosebumps thinking about it as I can’t rationalise it or make a logical explanation.

To add to my earlier post, my parents neighbour said the previous occupant had died in the house but they don’t know which room, she had become too frail to go upstairs and lived downstairs. I get goosebumps thinking about it now…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘So my daughter is freaking me out a bit, any advice please.’ is closed to new replies.