Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • So I found a bike
  • matt_outandabout

It was dumped at local garage, they said overnight.
    Old Skool, grunged but good Specialized. With shiny SPD’s and Ergon Grips and posh saddle. Clearly a liked commuter.
    I 101’d the police, but they were not in the slightest bit interested and suggested I did them a favour and took it to the tip….

Anyone missing said bike in Stirling? If you want it back, let me know another detail about it and I can return it to you.

kcal

sounds too good for the tip, post up in local bike shops maybe?
    crap response from ra polis BTW.

they’d probably say the same bout my mongrel M2, grunged but good, like it!

Assuming you don’t want it, and it’s in good nick, could it in time be donated to one of these recycle places?

sazter

Have shared on a couple of local fb pages Matt

matt_outandabout

Cheers. Not quite a Jones spaceframe, but someone might be happy if we can return it.

pinetree
    Free Member

My hack bike went missing over the weekend, but it was a giant… and in Plymouth…

If you feel like sending that one down to me to replace my hack, I’d be a very happy chappy 😉

tomhoward

Didn’t have 650b wheels and a new xt group did it? I hear they go for around 2.5k now.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I 101’d the police, but they were not in the slightest bit interested and suggested I did them a favour and took it to the tip….

Police Scotland I assume? At least you got through on 101 (I reckon at least several minutes on hold) – many don’t. As to the rest, sounds about right. Worst thing ever. Sorry.

matt_outandabout

It took 15 mins on hold – and that was mid morning, midweek.

I think they are all at the Games.

flowerpower
    Free Member

I can post it on Stirling Bike Club if you want… Or you could ask stirlingcrispin / surroundedbyhills to do it.

matt_outandabout

Please do – I have waited 6months for moderator to not approve me on there…

flowerpower
    Free Member

😉 you’re lucky!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I was going to type at least ten minutes, but thought it can’t still be that bad 🙁

Beagleboy

Hey Matt,

The SBC moderator won’t approve you for the bike club forum unless you email him to prove that you’re a real person. He used to pretty much approve folk automatically until the incident when pictures of a very generously endowed young Asian gentleman were mailed to everyone’s account from a bogus forum user!

Craig x

matt_outandabout

😯

soobalias
    Free Member

pics or it didnt happen.

*joking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘So I found a bike’ is closed to new replies.