Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • So how has your none riding day gone?
  • geoffj

I’ve had the LAST tutorial of my course. The sun is shining, I’m sinking a few glasses of white wine after dinner at a decent restaurant and junior no 1 is booked on a sailing course tomorrow. I might even ride my bike. Oh and I’m holed up at Glenmore campsite in the Cairngorms.
    Life is good 🙂

How about you?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Bbq in the sunshine at mine for my birthday with close family and my best mate….nice food, a few drinks and a good ol guitar and cajone jam session. Excellent day!

eskay

Watching the kids at the velodrome all morning then cleaning up one of their bikes to sell.

Glass of wine for me now.

yunki
    Free Member

lots of traffic jams as we delivered wedding cake around the Devon hills.. followed by some shoe shopping for the little ‘uns and then a long wait in a lay-by for the RAC

a bit of bickering when we got home too

ace 😕

oops, no caffeine today either 😐

valleydaddy
    Free Member

walked the dog

kids swimming lessons

dismantled one of said kids massive cabin beds as sold as outgrown it

walked dog

fed kids

kids to bed

no beer in 🙁

crap day all around apart from my little one swimming in the deep end which is a great achievement.

No bike tomorrow either FFS

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Woke up at 2 am to drive back from the lake district after having 3 hours kip. Looked after the kids all day and tidied up our house and put all the holiday gear away as the missus was doing a course. Lost a few pints of sweat along the way as half our house is under a glass roof.

Luckily I had the kids to distract me.

footflaps

a bit of bickering when we got home too

A relationship wouldn’t be the same without it!

Pieface

Drove for three hours to the lakes for a 50 minute fell race, hung around for an hour afterwards and then drove home

DezB
    Free Member

Lovely day looking after my boy. He’s off to tennis school tomorrow so we played for a couple of hours in the midday sunshine. Knackered me!
    Did go for a little ride in the rain with the dog, but made a break for home when lightning started.
    Now watching Super Rugby semi finals 🙂

ton

fantastic day, had a big family bbq for my grandaughters 4th birthday.
    paddling pools, water slide, and a tipsy grandad in a wendy house.

I was supposed to be on the wagon, but the lure of badger golden glory proved too strong.

just started to rain, so the clean up will commence tomorrow. 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

Made a hundred quid at a boot fair
    Kids birthday party
    Chips and beer on the beach
    Colossal thunderstorm
    Bed

rickmeister

Great day in Schwarzwald though sweated so much it has got into my eyes and contacts are now not an option…. 42 degrees showing on the bank thermometer..

MrOvershoot

ton – Member
    just started to rain, so the clean up will commence tomorrow.

I’m letting the rain that also just started wash away the evidence 😉

zippykona

Had one of those days where everything went right.
    Our customers were really cheerful and spent well!
    Had 2 guys come in whose mum had died last week. They just wanted to say how much she enjoyed our shop and wanted to thank us for getting her a chair and a cuppa if she felt wobbly.
    We love our job and things like that make it extra special.
    Had an excellent ride to the shop,one of those rare days when you could pedal forever and knocked 5 minutes off my PB. ( mainly due to not having to stop once for traffic or lights)

tonyg2003

Lovely lie in. Drove up from Detroit to Niagra Falls and in our hotel room looking right over the falls. Magnificent sight. Big steak with my name on it for dinner.

Garry_Lager

Uneventful – taken a turn for the worse just now as it is pishing down and I’ve just seen the forecast for tomorrow. Had a crack-of-dawn cheeky Peak ride planned which is now looking doubtful. Stayed off the ale all evening as well 🙁

tang
    Free Member

Lashing with rain. Massive argument with the wife.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Was coming down the Lairig Ghru when you were quaffing your wine;-) Brilliant day out in the big hills. Glenmore campsite looked rammed when we passed @ 08:00

hjghg5
    Free Member

Drove to london stopping at a random parkrun on the way.
    Went to the anniversary games.
    Kept tabs on the rugby and got excited about a trip to wembley.
    Drove home in torrential rain.

mogrim

Drove from Pais Vasco (on holiday) back home to Madrid, 5 hours of motorway. Dull dull dull, and I’ve got to go to work tomorrow 🙁

Still, going for a run in the minute, there’s beer in the fridge, and it looks like it’s going to be a nice sunny day.

benji
    Free Member

Nursing broken ribs from wednesday night, so painful still, bought a new helmet, and some feel better presents for the new singlespeed build, just need a few more bits and a new ride will be born 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Moved two cats between houses.

I’ll be spending the rest of the day at the hospital.

Harry_the_Spider

So how has your none riding day gone?

Badly. I went for a ride.

br
    Free Member

It’s pi55ing down here, has been for about 3 hours and not forecast to stop until tea-time – so a good day NOT to ride.

molgrips
    Free Member

We went to the bay and walked to the barrage to the play park which was peaceful and pleasant. Didn’t cut the grass before leaving, which wad a mistake because it’s a new lawn that’s just taken off and has grown another inch overnight, I desperately need to mow it now but it’s still wet.

My forks seem ok now after I reassembled them. Fingers crossed.

crankboy
    Free Member

Crankbrats second birthday both sides of the family turned up everyone got on the threatened rain didn’t come till we were in bed . The boy wonder is delighted by all his presents . One of the best times ever.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘So how has your none riding day gone?’ is closed to new replies.