Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • So, CCTV…
  • meehaja
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a new house, it comes equipped with at least 6 CCTV cameras (maybe more?) there is also an alarm system, however, it appears that the wiring to all this security has been cut.

The Alarm is probably beyond me and I’ll probably pay to have a new system installed rather than hash it together myself but the CCTV should be fairly straightforward, surely power, and then a feed from the camera to a moniter/recording system? Is it that simple? Am I kidding myself?

richmars

Sorry, but isn’t the bigger question ‘Why would you buy a house that needed 6 CCTV cameras?’

Stoner
    Free Member

Steel doors and panic room too?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And why has all the wiring been cut? Was it listed as being a feature in the contract of sale?

RealMan
    Free Member

So all the CCTV has been cut, and you want to rewire it up.. to looped footage of empty rooms, right?

jon1973
    Free Member

Why would you buy a house that needed 6 CCTV cameras?

Crack lab? keep an eye on his crack hoes.

meehaja
    Free Member

So much negativity! Previous owner’s ex was some kind of MOD security type. Security is a big feature on this house, along with a range of pointless gadgets (motion detector lights, electric gates, electric garage door, jacuzzi, hidden safes etc).

ok, so given no one can answer the first question, how about this one:

There is a safe. There is something inside the safe. I don’t know the code. How best to open a safe?

flatfish
    Free Member

Dynamite
    HTH

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m assuming the CCTV looks outside the house rather than in.

So when the local scrotes come and case the joint, you get alerted to it and have footage.

flatfish
    Free Member

If the cctv coax cables are cut there will be a slight degradation in picture quality when re-joined but the power cables should be fine to join without any problems.

matt_outandabout

There is a safe. There is something inside the safe. I don’t know the code. How best to open a safe?

Paint a Libiyan flag on it, retreat a suitable distance and await a Tornado GR4?

mrchrispy

matt has it….thats how all the kids do it these days

MrNutt
    Free Member

what make is the safe, search for the manufacturer, contact their nearest supplier, ask them?

CountZero

For less collateral damage, a thermic lance rather than a Tornado would be more appropriate.

JohnnyPanic

Give Charlize Theron a call.
    How do you know there is something inside the safe?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘So, CCTV…’ is closed to new replies.