Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Snowdon? How hard?
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

Hoping to do Snowdon on Friday as forecast looks good.

Any tips, things to look out for? Best routes?

Thanks

Chew
    Free Member

Please respect the voluntary ban and dont go up during the day.

Llanberis path is easy and probably 99% rideable.
    Rangers path is better, but take a friend as its a bit interesting in parts

Simon

Up Llanberis, down Ranger path then Telegraph road back into Llanberis.
    Some tricky rocky bits on the Ranger path but mostly all ridable by someone with reasonable skills. There was only one place I got off and walked.
    Really fun descent but over too quickly!

_tom_
    Free Member

Up Llanberis, down Ranger path then Telegraph road back into Llanberis.

Yep, this was a fun route for us. I’m shit at techy stuff so I struggled with sections of the Ranger, but overall I cleared a lot more than I thought I would and it was so much fun to do something completely different to what I normally ride 🙂

twoniner
    Free Member

Please respect the voluntary ban and dont go up during the day.

It’s not exactly a ban, it’s an agreement. If riders go against it, it could well turn into a ban.

As above, up the llanberis and down Rangers/telegraph valley. Theres a good run down telegraph but there are some slate slab water run offs accross the trail, watch out for snakbite flats on them!

It’s not easy going up but well worth it for the view at the top and the ride back down.

bullroar
    Free Member

Start at the Ranger YHA, up to the Telegraph to Llanberis. Tourist path to the top then down the Ranger to the hostel. That way you get to finish on some nice downhill singletrack.

jekkyl

If you do the Llanberis when you get near the top there’ll be a stone obelisk on the left of the track, to get to the rangers path go over the tracks from there and down to the right, where you see another obelisk that’s the start. So go up to the top & take pics, have lunch, then you can ride down cheekily on the stones next to the track. Leave lots of time, have fun.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon? How hard?’ is closed to new replies.