Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Snow lovers – prepare for some serious wanting!
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member
    nbt

*WANT*

peterfile
    Free Member

I demoed some HUD goggles a few years back. Awesome awesome awesome 🙂

That said, they are never cheap!!!

woody2000

I can see those being rapidly withdrawn after the first personal injury lawsuit…..

PiknMix
    Free Member

*drool* nerd alert! they are epic.

Would they be distracting at all though?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Can’t people do ANYTHING these days without a technological fix?

ThePinkster

Wonder how well they work with contacts? I’m not very shortsighted but I’m sure that would be almost impossible to read with my contacts in.

GregMay
    Free Member

I go to the outdoors to escape from this un-needed feedback. Not for me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m not very shortsighted but I’m sure that would be almost impossible to read with my contacts in.

In reality, having a teeny tiny screen there is next to useless, I’d say. far better to have something on your phone etc tracking your day in your pocket/bag than spaff money on another shiny thing.

I’d rather just ski. Not fussed about tracking my shredding of the gnat like that.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

…..than spaff money on another shiny thing.

I thought that was the whole point of gadgets? No one needs them!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

This is the future….. Smart phones will be a thing of the past.

We’ll all wear specs that give us the HUD like these googles all day every day…. but so advanced that they’ll do all a smart phone can do and will recognize the person you are talking to… giving you all their Twitter/faceache (or whatever the social website of the day is in 2020) updates etc

One step away from full blown Cyborg !!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Sorry seeing double …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

$600 on a pair of goggles? Nah, not for me. I’d just buy another pair of skis instead.

peterfile
    Free Member

In reality, having a teeny tiny screen there is next to useless, I’d say. far better to have something on your phone etc tracking your day in your pocket/bag than spaff money on another shiny thing.

I’d rather just ski. Not fussed about tracking my shredding of the gnat like that.

The one I tested wasn’t like that at all – the screen was “projected” to look much larger, but didn’t interfere with vision.

The main benefit of the one I used was that it had little tracking arrows for friends with the same goggles. It was really handy when we were out and about (it was like playing Call of Duty and finding your teammates!), but would never work in reality since very few people are going to spunk the cash on them, let alone ALL your skiing buddies. We used them for guiding and found them to be really useful.

A great idea, but the cost is just not worth the benefit.

woody2000

shredding of the gnat

Evidence of CFH’s gnat shredding….

😀

PiknMix
    Free Member

HAHA ^

theblackmount
    Free Member

>This is the future<

Oh yeah? What a complete and utter waste of plastic…

jambalaya
    Free Member

They are an ideal gift for the skier who has everything from the wife/husband that has too much to spend.

I confess I’d “have a go” if I were lent a pair but I wouldn’t spend my money on them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wonder how well they work with contacts? I’m not very shortsighted but I’m sure that would be almost impossible to read with my contacts in.

Presumably the image appears out of focus when viewed at anythign other than the ideal range and it’s projected onto your retina. As contacts are designed to give you the same focal length as normal people it should still work, a bit like you can still use cameras/binoculars etc.

but would never work in reality since very few people are going to spunk the cash on them, let alone ALL your skiing buddies. We used them for guiding and found them to be really useful.

Says it can comunicate with the smartphone app so buddies just need phones.

$600 on a pair of goggles?

Oh yeah? What a complete and utter waste of plastic…

They are an ideal gift for the skier who has everything from the wife/husband that has too much to spend.

1) it’s oakley, they sell $300 sunglasses, integrating a computer, GPS and bluetooth into it for $300 more seems a bargain. Not really any more plastic than normal goggles, so ot sure what that point is.
    2) I’m thinking of splashing out £300 on an edge 800. £400 to have it integrated into some sunnies would be epic! Just think of the possibilities, you ride down a fire track and a STRAVA app points out all the cheeky local trails you’d otherwise miss!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I know of a few “looks around the office” that would like those thingumybobs.
    They have this inability to switch off from the office/twatter/farcebroke etc. yaddda yadda socialmedja.

Bit sad that.

But I can see a future for it, certainly the forces and pubilc service types that require information on hand whilst working, ambulance, police, doctors, army/navy/raf etc.. you know where I’m going with it.

As for Skiing, nope, thing it’s a teeny bit dangerous TBH and certainly not for cycling.

Dear God I want to get away from reading more carp and just enjoy the outside for waht it is.

donald
    Free Member

Is there an X-Ray vision app?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Snow lovers – prepare for some serious wanting!’ is closed to new replies.