Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Smoothies/shakes what do you add?
  • Warrenpfo
    Free Member

I ran a search on smoothie and shake but got nothing so thought i would ask how best to make one.

Some people say add what youlike then add either milk or cream or ice cream or juice or yoghurt.

Whats best or it a case of throw in what you like and see.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Steak. None of this girly "cranberry and papaya" bollocks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My before (give it an hour to settle) and after execcise drink:

1 apple, 1 bannana, then 50:50 plain yogurt and milk upto about 700ml, 25g whey protein powder (tried it with strawberry, bannana and chcoclate, they all work reasnobly well, otherwise use plain and add some sweetener/syrup/honey to taste).

Stick it in a smoothie maker/blender and blits on a low setting for 3 minutes otherwise the fruit floats (its heavier than the liquid so gets flung out to the sides away from the blades) and doesn't get cut up.

Comes out nice and foamy to make about a litre of drink.

househusband

Sliced banana, some wheatgerm, sometimes strawberries, a Yeo Valley plain yoghurt – and top up to level with milk before hitting the button and nuking it.

yunki
    Free Member

frozen mixed berries.. a kiwi.. a banana.. couple spoons light greek yoghurt.. drop of milk.. wizzzz
    nomnomnomnom

bigrich

beer.

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Seems milk and natural Yoghurt with fruit is the way to go

TooTall
    Free Member

Get the bags of frozen fruit – also tins of mango puree from the supermarket. Plain protein and wheatgerm help to thicken it up. I sometimes use apple juice as a base if I'm not wanting dairy smoothies.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

get dirt cheep tesco value/basics/no frills/smart-price yogurt, all this bio-activia-mumbojump-marketingbullshit is bolloks, all yogurt contains bacteria, they dont add anything to theirs other than a marketing campaign.

slugwash
    Free Member

My breakfast = two (ideally very ripe) bananas, 500ml semi-skimmed milk, 1 scoop of soya protein powder (cheap stuff from Holland & Barrett) and a handfull of Sainsbury's frozen summer fruits all blended and drunk straight away and washed down with a couple of double espressos. This is consumed about five minutes before leaving for my hilly 7 mile ride into work.

IMO, it just dosen't taste right with yoghurt in place of the milk. It's also quite filling and stops me constantly snacking all through the morning.

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Weetabix or oats add to any of the above for a breakfasty feel.

mr_mills
    Free Member

Tuna

IsaacClarke
    Free Member
    jacksta
    Free Member

juice, banana, kiwi, frozen summer berries, spirulina. then anything in season. nectarines are good.

used to do milk, berries, banana and protein powder for a recovery drink but its much less faff to use the torq stuff

if your fruit bowl is all ripe at the same time you can always cut it up small and freeze it for smoothies later.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Smoothies/shakes what do you add?’ is closed to new replies.