Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Smashed Garmin Edge 200
  • stevewhyte
    Free Member

Anyone know if they can be repaired by Garmin screen has smashed, top and LCD, ir if you get a bit off to replace with a new one.

Right now very peed off as i cant really afford another £100 for my ‘hobby’

Cheers

wwaswas

Garmin are good at out of warranty type repairs, give them a call. May cost £60 odd anyway.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Will be phoning them in the morning, anything under £100 will be good, £50 would be better 😀

lucien

Here’s my response from Garmin earlier this year with exactly the same problem

Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.

For out-of-warranty repairs, GARMIN used to charge parts and labour.
    This became a resource intensive task of estimating the repair, and trying to contact the customer with the estimate, and so on. Many customers wanted an estimate before they sent the unit in for repair to determine if the unit was worth fixing or not. Obviously you can’t do this until you see the unit.

About five years ago, we switched from the parts and labour method of calculating repair charges to a flat rate overhaul system.

With this system, there is a single flat rate charge for complete factory overhaul of a specific product returned to the factory for service. The customer knows up front what the charge will be, so there are no surprises. The factory overhaul process is a thorough process which brings the unit up to the same specifications as when it was new.
    Any cosmetic issue are addressed, like scratched lenses, cracked cases broken antennas, worn out NiCad battery packs, etc.. If possible, the software in the unit is updated to the latest version applicable to the product. Any modifications or updates are installed in the product as appropriate. Our goal is to send a product back to the customer in a new condition, regardless of the condition it was in when it was received.

The fixed rate repair/replacement cost for your Garmin is: £ 68.08

If you want to make use of this service I would recommend contacting product support by phone and they should be able to provide you with a reference number for your Garmin and arrange any necessary payment details. Product support can be contacted at the following,

Free 0808 238 0000 (within U.K.)
    +44-870-8501242 (outside U.K.)

If there is anything else I can help you with then please let me know.
    Alternatively you can search for a solution here: http://www.garmin.com/support

Kind regards,
    Sam Taylor

Garmin Europe

leffeboy

had a similar thing to lucien with my 705. Smashed the screen in an otb incident. Think it was around 90 quid for the 705 but for that I got what appeared to be a brand new unit back which was nice as I had lost the basemap off it which caused some other funny problem that eludes me now

Potdog
    Free Member

Had occasion to use this service twice in quick succession for my Vista HCX when the screen got cracked on the new and then the replacement. Each time it was a new unit to replace the old one. Can’t knock that for service!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

£52 from Garmin for a replacement Edge 200.

Good work by Garmin.

Now can i buy a protective screen for it?

cheers_drive

Yep, Garmin replacement service was very good when I smashed my 500

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

How did you get it for £52 rather than £68? How did you go about it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Smashed Garmin Edge 200’ is closed to new replies.