Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Small ways to live dangerously
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

We weren’t late for the ferry for the first time in ages. So we went to Sainsbury’s for a few bits and booze and made sure we were late.

I don’t do late for this sort of thing, though picking up some beers on the way onto the Tassie ferry, we cruised through checkin (was really quiet) the lanes where you queue were empty then drove straight onto a the ferry at the back…

JoeG
    Free Member

Ride with no tools, pump, or spare tube. 🙂

And maybe not a helmet, either. 😈

theotherjonv

I went to Cask Pub and Kitchen for the first time last night.

So i’m saying – when your mate asks you if you want one, telling him to just surprise you.

I don’t need fine tasting beer of that strength on a school night. I’m supposed to be riding to work this morning; I think bus and train will do.

muddyground
    Free Member

My mate once lived danderously through nothing more than a simple wave.

I always get stopped and searched at airports. Always. On a trip with him, he stated that he’d not go through security with me! So he joined a queue five desks down. He got to the checkpoint at the same time as me, and waved. Security guy asked if he was with me…..

He got the full monty.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ride on the road?

onewheelgood

When you are at Cask Pub and Kitchens and someone asks what you’d like to drink, answer loud and clear “a half of Carling please”.

Drac

Walk down some car park steps.

molgrips
    Free Member

You wear pyjamas?

Not for sleeping, heavens no. I put them on to avoid embarrassment when the room service guy delivers the tray.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Took 12 items through the 10 item express checkout. Got a reprimand from the meddlesome ratbag behind who had counted them.

johndoh
    Free Member

Walk down some car park steps.

Damn, beat me to it 🙂

nbt

Ton’s a second rower, lad, not a centre. they’re much smaller and thinner, generally speaking.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Be me

torsoinalake
    Free Member

– Close your eyes when accessing Netflix menu, press play and watch whatever you’ve unknowingly selected. Right through until the end! No cheating.

That’s just inhumane.

MrOvershoot

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Order something expensive from Dave Hinde.

The tag is dangerous not insanity Pete!

I like to randomly copy someone in from our company global address list on a really dull email conversation

the-muffin-man

Took 12 items through the 10 item express checkout. Got a reprimand from the meddlesome ratbag behind who had counted them.

That’s old skool…

…taking a full trolley through the self-service tills really gets people riled up!

Stevet1
    Free Member

When I’m walking up to a door and it’s just closing instead of pulling on the handle to open it further I like to shimmy through it like Indiana Jones.

growinglad
    Free Member

Ride your CX bike on a Gravel route

I do this with 28mm road tyres….ooohhhh yes.

….

….

I over cooked a corner the other day…I now have a TdF level road rash.

footflaps

Flip the front QR skewer

There is a right way round? I just shove it in on the nearest side to where I’m standing.

I’ve been living on the edge for 30+ years!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Eat a phall?

*parp!*

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just take a look at these; the sight of them is almost enough to make me trip over. That 33% extra top step, followed by the flat bank to car park; nauseating.

Moses

I put my room service tray in the corridor in my pajamas

Why not wrap the poor thing in a dressing gown? ? Or are you hoping someone wll wash them?

tiggs121
    Free Member

If you are asked – “Do you like my new hairstyle?”

Answer NO

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t check your wheels before every ride. (Northwind says I is gonna die.)

grenosteve
    Free Member

Say you hate kids on any forum…

grenosteve
    Free Member

The wear indicators vanished before last winter on my commuter’s rims…. and I live in a very hilly city! exploding rims imminent!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Take 11L of old engine oil to the council tip and sneak past the “5L a month police”.

PJM1974
    Free Member

exploding rims imminent!

Especially if you’ve just eaten a phall.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^ 😆

I ordered a lamb madras last week and it actually peaked somewhere between vindaloo and phal. I think that ordering from there now qualifies as a dangerouscapade.

stevepitch
    Free Member

Ask the fat bird in a nightclub ‘when’s she due’

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Don’t check if your hummus is organic

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Marginally exceed the speed limit in a well sign posted area.

footflaps

Marginally exceed the speed limit in a well sign posted area.

And then post on a high horse forum….

stumpy01

Cross at a pedestrian crossing in Germany when the lit-up man is still red….

‘ES IST ROT……ES IST ROT……!!!!’

growinglad
    Free Member

‘ES IST ROT……ES IST ROT……!!!!’

Yep, that one gets their Weinelstruddles in a twist.

Bunnyhop

Putting up a ‘new topic’ on STW chat forum

arrpee
    Free Member

Eat a ripe pear at your work desk.

No napkins allowed.

yunki
    Free Member

I made a disparaging remark about Naim equipment on a hi-fi thread earlier..

hooli

Drive the wrong way along a 2 or 3 metre bit of the work carpark to avoid going all the way around the campus at 5 MPH and going over about 34 of the biggest speedbumps known to mankind – in fact one of the speedbumps is so high that it still has snow on it 😉

Security/faciclities/H&S bloke nearly implodes when he sees me do it 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ride a bike on the coastal footpath past a certain mans house in Luccombe on the isle of wight.
    He said he was calling the police to get them to confiscate my bike, who would then take it to the mainland and sell it. 😆
    He was politely advised that they couldnt do that and would he mind telling them I was heading towards Ventnor and could they meet me there?

Stevet1
    Free Member

Drive the wrong way along a 2 or 3 metre bit of the work carpark to avoid going all the way around the campus at 5 MPH and going over about 34 of the biggest speedbumps known to mankind – in fact one of the speedbumps is so high that it still has snow on it

Security/faciclities/H&S bloke nearly implodes when he sees me do it

Drive in reverse whilst eyeballing them?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Small ways to live dangerously’ is closed to new replies.