Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SLX v XT Shifters.
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Is there a noticable difference?

Need new shifters,and just wanted some real time input..

bigyinn
    Free Member

I think so.
    Shifts pretty much the same, XTs feel noticeably more solid and less plasticy than SLX. Less likely to get broken in a stack.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve got SLX shifters on my BFe and XT on about half my other bikes. To be honest in practice I don’t really notice a difference. I might not be that sensitive though as I only notice a difference at the top and bottom ends (Deore is functional but doesn’t feel as nice as the rest, XTR is noticeably slicker than any of the others) so LX, SLX and XT all seem much of a muchness to me.

I’ve yet to break shifters in a crash so can’t vouch for any real difference in survivability!

gamo
    Free Member

I think functionally they are much the same but Xt do feel and
    look nicer.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I’ve got a Deore front shifter & an XT rear shifter on my bike, the feel of the XT is much nicer, very smooth.

fwokinfwok
    Free Member

I have 10 spd SLX shifters and they’re smooth as. A lot better than last years 9spd XT I reckon.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

been riding with SLX on the ex8 and got back on my 456 with XT and it felt soooo much nicer, so i’d say yes, definatley worth it!!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have 10 spd SLX shifters and they’re smooth as. A lot better than last years 9spd XT I reckon.

The 10 speed shifters have been tweaked so that they feel the same no matter which end of the cassette you are. They didn’t just add another click to the 9 speed models, the shifters were actually reworked quite a bit.

bigyinn
    Free Member

My fave thing about the current Shimano shifters is you have a bit of free stroke when you have no smaller sprockets left. I like that.

tang
    Free Member

running xt 10sp and they are much nicer in feel and smoother than the xt 9spd they replaced. the body of the shifter is much bigger also. as for vs slx, well they look nicer…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SLX v XT Shifters.’ is closed to new replies.