Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SLX Brake Problem.
  • andycs

Both brakes have new pads and reach adjusters in the same place. Pads front and rear are the same distance from the disc. Brake is full of fluid and not spongy. So why does the rear lever pull further before the brake starts to bite? Once it starts to work, it works perfectly. Any ideas?

wwaswas

longer hose with more fluid in it causing more fluid to need to be compressed to achieve the same pressure on the disks?

honourablegeorge

wwaswas – Member
    longer hose with more fluid in it causing more fluid to need to be compressed to achieve the same pressure on the disks?

Fluid doesn’t compress.

wwaswas

it does a bit, more so if it’s getting on 😉

plus the hose probably expands ‘a bit’ too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

adjusters?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

operator error?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Longer hose meaning increased flex in hose when under pressure from brake fluid?

dan1980
    Free Member

I had a stuck piston in a caliper that presented with similar symptoms. Can’t explain the physics/fluid dynamics of it though…

jonathan
    Free Member

I’ve often notice brakes like this – I put it down to the longer hose having more flex in it (as said ^^^), less noticeable with braided hoses too.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not according to some “experts” on here jonathan….. 😉

andycs

Cable tied the lever to the bar all day and it’s fixed. Must have had some air in the caliper.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SLX Brake Problem.’ is closed to new replies.