Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sligachan circuit
  • blurltrider
    Free Member

Which is the best way to do this – clockwise or anti clockwise? Opinions gratefully received!

jemima
    Free Member

Clockwise according to my guide book. I just did an out and back from Sligachan campsite as the road work and reputed long boggy section didn’t sound ace…

blurltrider
    Free Member

Jemima, I’ve got two guidebooks with the route in – one says clockwise, the other anti c !!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andrewh
    Free Member

Don’t know about which way round but take your midge net! And no, repellents don’t work.

jemima
    Free Member

If I was going to do the full loop I think CW makes more sense then! Finish on the nice swoopy slightly downhill singletrack as opposed to tarmac.

markgraylish
    Free Member

If I had to include the road work, I’d get it over and done with at the start but an out and back makes so much more sense…

flatfish
    Free Member

Out and back for me, the pushing, sometimes knee deep in peat bogs spoiled a great ride.

Kit
    Free Member

I did it anti-clockwise, and from the first bit of road 1/3 of the way in it’s a pretty crap ride to be honest – I’d do an out and back next time.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’d go for out and back

long myre is so named for a reason

blurltrider
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice – out and back I think then!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We did anti. That way you do the best bit while you’re fresh and during the best bit of the day. Out and back is probably a better ride – a lot of bog and road on the loop.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sligachan circuit’ is closed to new replies.