Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sleepless in the Saddle!!
  • topangarider
    Free Member

So, a week to go – woo hoo!!

A few discussion points;

– What can we expect conditions to be like? And obviously the questions that follows that…
    – Can we expect anything different from the new course designer?
    – What are Singletrack bringing to the party? (as well as freebies to subscribers, obviously!)
    – Who’s attending?!!

Trimix
    Free Member

Im attending – you forgot to ask how long a lap will be.

gee
    Free Member

Hi

Hopefully the weather will be warm and lovely. If not…

‘Freshly resurfaced trails’ were mentioned in the press release – it will be interesting to see what this looks like and whether it involves trails on both sides of the road…

GB

naffrider
    Free Member

I’ll be there, solo. Looking forward to it 🙂

Pyro

Everything was baked rock solid this weekend (just got back from Catton after Thunder Run). Some bits with new surfacing down, but couldn’t tell you how much of that is SITS course and how much was for TR24

5thElefant
    Free Member

– What can we expect conditions to be like? And obviously the questions that follows that…
    – Can we expect anything different from the new course designer?
    – What are Singletrack bringing to the party? (as well as freebies to subscribers, obviously!)
    – Who’s attending?!!

Dry and dusty or wet and claggy. Or somewhere in between.
    No.
    Monkey butlers?
    Me.

Drillski
    Free Member

Bone hard at the moment, would have thought the thundery showers promised in the next few days would struggle to really soften the ground all that much now ( he says in hope)
    not liek when i did my first solo there in 09 when it was lovely weather on teh day but 14 days of consecutive downpours prior: it was so wet they wouldn’t even allow you to do a practice lap on friday!

to make matters worse, the inaugural TR24 run teh previous weekend there had been run in apocaliptically wet conditions, leaving a badly churned arena area that was waterlogged and stank to high heaven of sour decaying turf!

Drillski
    Free Member

when is everyone arriving at Catton?

richpips
    Free Member

I’m off down tomorrow.

mchlptchr
    Free Member

Aiming to be there for about teatime on Friday. Gives us time to get set up and do any last minute bike work before it gets dark.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep I’m there, racing with Gee. I’ve got Furious Freds on my race wheels, and 1.5″ Black Shark Muds on my spares, I figure one of those will be perfect!

Heading up late on Friday.

ericemel
    Free Member

I am there – Team Fubar – arriving Friday – cannot wait!

Dougal
    Free Member

Bone hard at the moment, would have thought the thundery showers promised in the next few days would struggle to really soften the ground all that much now

2006. Bone dry hardback for the entire week before. Rained for a few hours overnight, became worse than the Somme.

Oddly I’ve not been back since.

There is a hilariously sad picture of Matt Page pushing his completely jammed-up bike around, sums the whole thing up for me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sleepless in the Saddle!!’ is closed to new replies.