Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Skye walking guides – any recommendations?
  • clareymorris

As per title really, can anyone recommend a good walking guide for Skye?

Many thanks

fwb2006
    Free Member

Take a look on the walkhighlands website, loads of good walks on it and we've done quite a few of them on bikes. The site is good for all of Scotland.

grumm
    Free Member

I've got this one – only done a couple of walks out of it but it seems pretty good to me.

In fact you can borrow my copy if you like seeing as I won't be using it any time soon.

Pook

funny you should mention that – I was browsing the mags in Morrison's yesterday, and 'Trail' magazine, seemingly WhatMTB for walkers, has a special feature on Skye. Might be worth a look.

MrGrim

Pook +1 there's a good article on Blaven in this months Trail

clareymorris

Grum, really? I do like the idea of re-using books so that would be great. Of course I am going on Friday so doesn't leave much time to get it to me!!

Will grab the Trail mag too – always worth a read!

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah why not, someone on another forum did me a very good deed recently so I feel the need to pass on some karma 🙂

Send me your address and I'll stick it in the post. I am in Lancaster and go up to the Lakes (where I think you are?) reasonably often but I'm not sure if I will before Friday.

fwb2006
    Free Member

You can print off the OS maps from the walkhighlands site you know. The routes we did (on our bikes) around Dunvegan were amazing.

clareymorris

Grum, you have mail.
    Sorry it's possibly a bit late!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Skye walking guides – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.