Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sky TV – Help me !
  • iainc

Okay, so our 8 yr old Sky box has just packed up, and I am waiting for Sky to mail me with some ‘upgrade optoins’. We have the basic Sky pack, no movies, no sport, think it’s called the family pack. Don’t need/want phone or broadband from them as happy with tiscali.

any good advice on best options ?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

1, threaten to cancel, a new box should be free, but be prepared to walk, I did, non stop calls afterwards offering a new box & 6 months half price subsription.

2, are tiscalli really that good, surely free is better?

3, buy a second hand box for peanuts, if your prepared to collect from herts you can have my old one for free.

Cheers.

richiec
    Free Member

We cancelled our sky subscription in February, I intended to get a analogue box for Eurosport. One month later we had a letter from Sky. Please come back and we’ll give you a sky plus box and install it for free. We’ll also give you a £ 50 marks and spencer voucher. We then took out a different plan, dropped the childrens and arts channels, ended up paying less than before and we now have sky plus.

If you’re in the North Somerset area we have our old sky box which your more than welcome to have for free.

fubar
    Free Member

Ebay for a replacement box if they won’t play…should be a few as people ‘upgrade’ to HD boxes

colnagokid

You can have my sky box for nowt if your’e in the N.E.

the-nasher
    Free Member

why don’t you get a freesat box?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Get rid of your telly.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Nice to see so many offers of free boxes, the OP should be covered 🙂

ton

bbc freesat from me.
    1 payment £70.
    will work straight off your sky dish.
    you wont get all the channels you get now, but most of em.
    and no monthly fee.

iainc

thanks all. Based in Glasgow so not too handy for any of the very kind offers, but much appreciated. Think I will go with the hard ball line and just cancel and then hopefully get something better from them in a few months -)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sky TV – Help me !’ is closed to new replies.