Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • skull candy headphones
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

My lad hinted he wants some for Christmas, and I have just realised im getting old and have no idea on this subject.

Anyone recomend a website or specific model for these, around £50 quid.

He will use them on his ipod and guitar, he's not got any "decks" or owt (yet!!!)

Cheers 😳

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

go and have a natter in HMV where they sell them! May need to check what 'jacks' are required so he can use them on all devices!

MrNutt
    Free Member

just buy him a subscription to Suicide Girls dot com, I'm sure he'll thank you for it! 😀

that said I think you can pick em up in most major electrical retailers, you'd probably be best off taking him along though as they come in all sorts of colours?

soma_rich
    Free Member

There just a brand… Amazon sell them as do HMV..

wysiwyg
    Free Member

theyre not great headphones sound quality wise btw. there are much better phones out there if he is looking for something that sounds good. if its jus to look good go for it. even crc sell them iirc

Creg

Get him something else.

I paid £30 for a pair of Skullcandy headphones and they have been a total waste of money.

The sound quality it terrible (very tinny with minimal bass), they fall of your head with even the slightest movement and the build quality is diabolical.

They look good, but thats about it.

billybob
    Free Member

They look good, but thats about it.

Isn't that the joy of marketing?

Creg

Isn't that the joy of marketing?

probably

0091paddy
    Free Member

Have a look here, you'll have to check the jack type though:

http://www.juno.co.uk/dj-equipment/headphones/?items_per_page=500

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

0091 paddy,

ANY good sound quality headphones recommended on that site ?

so skullcandy ones sounds poo?

AgentOrange
    Free Member

They do sound a bit tinny side, but are 'cool' amongst the kids as they have skulls on them….

Why not buy him a PAYG phone from Orange, as you get a free pair as part of their 'Christmas Offers'. He'll think you're cool like Dizzee Rascal 😀

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

AgentOrange (great name btw)

Got the other "panlid" the PAYG orange phone, you get loads of free stuff inc them headphones.

Just got this "panlid" a contract phone (this is were i start getting fleeced) and he wants a decent set of headphones as well, will have to have a listen to various headphones and make a choice. 😕

crikey
    Free Member

I bought two sets last Xmas, neither lasted more than 3 months. They are a fashion item and you'll be buying some more very soon.

Jezwick
    Free Member

kingkongsfinger – Member

0091 paddy,

ANY good sound quality headphones recommended on that site ?

so skullcandy ones sounds poo?

They have some GRADO 'phones on that site, anything made by GRADO will give you great quality ..

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Cheers Jezwick,

Think its going to be the Grado igrado 'phones for around £ 45, everyone loves em in the reviews.

cant beleive this company does some 'phones for £ 1600 + FFS !!!!!!!!! 😆

mboy
    Free Member

One word…

Sennheiser

I've been a DJ for over a decade and wouldn't use anything else.

Take a look here for some inspiration

FWIW the 212's and the 215's on that link, at 50 and 60 quid respectively, are very very good, crisp clear sound, loads of bass, highly recommended. Or you can blow 150 quid on a set of HD25's for him (that's what I use, wouldn't change them for ANYTHING!) and he'll thank you for it… Trust me!

Oh, and Skull Candy are poo… All about the looks, which I personally think are trying too hard anyway… If you're wearing a pair of Sennheisers, people who know what they're talking about know you know your stuff!

EDIT: JUST checked the specifics on the Skull Candy phones… 100-18,000Hz frequency response! Pissed myself laughing! That's atrocious… Means you'd get no bass whatsoever! The Sennheiser HD215's at almost the same price have a frequency response of 12-22,000Hz!!! You're not gonna miss ANY bass notes with those bad boys… And if you shop around You can get them for just over £50, which is a veritable bargain I think you'd agree!

dooge
    Free Member

skullcandy are pants. Buy him some nice Sennheiser HD238's if he wants amazing sound qaulity.

dulcificum
    Free Member

My girlfriend got some of these. They do sound crap but she also looks cute in them.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Lots of skull candy head/ear phones in tk maxx, loads cheaper than hmv.

fashionable but rubbish IMHO.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

A few years ago I managed to get some Sennheiser HD 25 SPII headphones for £50, not sure if you can get them anymore for that sort of price.
    They're the baby version of the ones MaverickBoy mentions & are great – I knew they must be half decent when i saw Judge Jules pull them out of his record bag when he was DJing at my tiny local nightclub! 😆

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm sure junior OP is really concerned abot sound quality! Picture the scene

Junior OP – "Hey (insert random potential cute girlys name) do you like my new haed phones"

PCG – "they're not skull kandy, why did you get them?"

JOP – "My dad sez they're better sound quality"

PCG – "See ya geek"

joolsburger
    Free Member

audiocubes

uber cool headphones for the boy

steve_b77
    Free Member

Gotta agree with jools on that one

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘skull candy headphones’ is closed to new replies.