Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Skoda Superb estate rear carrier bike rack options
  • hunta

Any Skoda Superb owners out there with recommendations for rear carrier bike racks? Thought I was good to go with the Thule 9104, then realised I’d need a light panel and therefore have to get a socket installed 😯

The 9106 apparently doesn’t need one but not confirmed, and then there’s the Pendle option and potentially others…

Don’t really want the expense of installing a towbar (hence the socket issue), and don’t like the idea of roof mounted. Can’t get the family plus bike all in the car at once so rear carrier appears to be the way to go if it’s not prohibitively expensive.

nickdavies

9106 would be fine for the lights, i’ve used one before on an estate and can’t see any way it would impede the lights on a superb. The only issue would be on cars like the old focus estate etc where the lights are high up.
    The 9106 should have the tray resting at the the bottom of the glass line.

You know the 9106 only does 2 bikes though? The 9104 does 3.

hunta

Yes, I saw that. Not ideal but it would keep me going for now. Thanks for confirming.

robdob
    Free Member

I will be selling my 9104 very soon as I’ve just got a new car with a towbar and have a towbar rack now.
    There is no way id ever have any other strap on rear rack as it has been amazing, and I have had experience of a few of them. No fabric straps, solid as a rock and fast to fit. There is an initial setup for it to fit your car but that only needs doing once.
    I never used an extra light board as you could see my number plate and lights anyway. I did consider one but never bothered with it.
    Only issue is that I couldn’t post it, I am in West Yorks.

hunta

Thanks robdob. On further research it looks like it might not be suitable anyway as the car has one of those plastic aero jobs which is going to get in the way.

Currently trying to see if I can find a reasonable price for a towbar install…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Skoda Superb estate rear carrier bike rack options’ is closed to new replies.