Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How many £'s to get a reasonable 29er SS?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Curious.

breadcrumb

To build one or buy one? HT or rigid?

tacopowell
    Free Member

Cheapest I guess, Happy to go HT Rigid.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Depends what you call decent?

My El Mariach was under a grand with thompson and xtr kit but a lot of its 2nd hand.

Going cheep and not choosy you could go as cheep as you like, just buy any budget geated bike and a ss tensioner and sprocket.

BillOddie

I built a geared Karate Monkey up for about 800 quid but I had some spare finishing kit.

You could easily build a KM for 800 or an inbred up for 600, with a bit of shopping about.

johnnystorm

I got the Inbred SS when it was £99, wheels for £40 used,£35 for a new headset & BB, similar for rigid forks, everything else I had in the spares box. One of my fave bikes. An inbred built up with nice new bits would be a blast.

johnnystorm

Having said that the 2014 Charge Cooker SS & ‘Dale SS look great for £600-750

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Mine cost more than my geared full susser!
    I would go for a swift, salsa el mariachi or karate monkey which can be had for around £500 if you are patient. I first tried a gf rig and it convinced me 29ers were a fad until I tried a swift and I was converted- now got a jones which is marvellous 😆

takisawa2

My Inbred cost less than £500.
    Rode well.
    My Niner [cough] slightly more.

rickon
    Free Member

You could spooge £6.1k up the wall on that rigid carbon Niner ss that’s been on the classifieds.

Search for it, you could probably build something similar for about £2.5k if you’re sensible.

gringojimi
    Free Member

As much as I love my Cannondale SS, the EBB has proved to be the work of Satan.

Cheezpleez

I have an Inbred SS. If you’re looking for a cheap but excellent new frame it’s a no-brainer. If you want a full bike the. I reckon the Cooker is hard to beat for value. If you’re looking second hand then the world is your bivalve.

rickon
    Free Member

£699.

Amazing, all the ss you’ll need.

Duffer
    Free Member

That charge looks beautiful.

I’ve just been bought an Inbred 29er frame that i’m soon to start building. I’m planning something similar to the below, but with more red hope parts. I’m expecting it to cost around £1k all in all.

Image borrowed from a chap called Bazz on here.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Didn’t Genesis do one?

danielgroves
    Free Member

My Inbred cost me £700 to build.

Arch EX Hope Hoops
    X-Lite Carbon Fork
    One One 32 tooth chain ring
    Superstar 16 tooth pro rear sprocket kit
    Deore Brakes
    XT Cranks/BB

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How many £'s to get a reasonable 29er SS?’ is closed to new replies.