Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • sketchy front end handling
  • thwang-01
    Free Member

how can i combat sketchy front end handling would a heavier inner tube help with the extra weight to gain more control.
    tw

RealMan
    Free Member

Probably not. Have you tried putting more weight over the front to give you more turning grip…?

molgrips
    Free Member

Shorter stem or something, get your weight back. NOT more over the front.

Weight over the front only helps on long fast corners. Not (definitely not) on techie stuff.

RealMan
    Free Member

I assumed because he wanted more weight on the front he was washing out in corners…

Three_Fish
    Free Member

This is completely unanswerable without knowing why you're washing out. It could be anything from poor suspension settings to inappropriate tyre type/pressure/whatever.

Urchinboy
    Free Member

Can you define the problem a bit more? Sketchy how exactly?

Sounds like RealMan says, more likely a problem of body position than bike weight distribution. You weigh so much more than the bike that shifting yourself around makes a massive difference. More than a 100 extra grams in a tube could make.

Shorter stem or something, get your weight back. NOT more over the front.

Weight over the front only helps on long fast corners. Not (definitely not) on techie stuff.

Maybe on steep stuff but sometimes you don't want to be too far back on that stuff, just nicely balanced. If you get too far back on steep techie stuff you'll lose steering completely or flip off the back.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Spend time on the bike and learn to ride it as though it's an extension of your body?

Or you could just believe all the marketing malarkey and think that EVERY problem has a solution that money will fix.

Urchinboy
    Free Member

This is completely unanswerable without knowing why you're washing out. It could be anything from poor suspension settings to inappropriate tyre type/pressure/whatever.

And too steep a head angle, too short forks, low stem, high stem, bar width, loads of stuff.

Urchinboy
    Free Member

Spend time on the bike and learn to ride it as though it's an extension of your body?

Or you could just believe all the marketing malarkey and think that EVERY problem has a solution that money will fix.

Probably the best answer there is.

andy7t2
    Free Member

confidence and skill both of which i have neither thats why i'm always battered and bruised on a monday morning. That and the gf drinks stella. try a skills course

porter_jamie

bigger tyre

highclimber
    Free Member

get some conti speed kings 2.3 on. they grip like sh1t to a blanket on all but the slippiest rock gardens!

RD350LC
    Free Member

If your using a CO2 Tyre Inflator make sure it is a CO2 cartridge and not one of them HELIUM one`s as they tend to make the front end a bit lighter

mangatank
    Free Member

Posting a picture of the bike would be a good start.

tazzymtb

maybe some wider bars?

thwang-01
    Free Member

this is my all mountain bike

RD350LC
    Free Member

I have the same problem on my downhill bike

mangatank
    Free Member

I knew I could rely on this forum 😆

Still laughing!

RealMan
    Free Member

I have the same problem on my downhill bike

I'm really glad I wasn't drinking, or I'd be cleaning my screen off. 😆

Edric64
    Free Member

I wanted a Kirk magnesium like that one

RD350LC
    Free Member

Nothing like alittle light hearted humour to put a smile on your face

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘sketchy front end handling’ is closed to new replies.