• This topic has 26 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Repairing your riding Mojo
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Had a stupid but scary off last week – landed on my head, twice in a row. No major damage except for a bit of bruising and a headache which won't seem to go away.

The main damage seems to be a complete knock of confidence in my riding.

What can I do to get my mojo back? I know I've got to make friends with the place I had the off, which I know I can do but I just feel a bit spooked.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

come out with me bushwacked, it'll be kill or cure though 😈

mboy
    Free Member

come out with me bushwacked, it'll be kill or cure though

Hahahahahaha

I can vouch for that!

You two NEED to go riding together… Soon… Shame you couldn't come out on Friday B…

The place we're talking about the DH track at Lecky B?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sounds like we need to organise a ride then 😉

Mboy – what you mean by your last line?

mboy
    Free Member

I meant is the place that's ruined your Mojo the DH track at Leckhampton?

Just when we were talking about it the other week, reminded me how it ruined my Mojo for a number of weeks last summer when I came off quite badly there…

Ride time indeed!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Nah, a section with a double drop has been put in on the new track. I rode it once no major probs then rode it a second and third time both times slipping a pedal going over the first drop leading to catapulting me over the bars landing on my head 😮

Lecky is just nuts in places.

jedi

bushwacked, on the 6th june i'll help you 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers dude 🙂 gonna go out tomorrow and see how things are.

jedi

just relax and ride somewhere else for a bit

Bushwacked
    Free Member

FACT!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

OK, nice ride today, feeeling better.

Noticed that when I'm rolling at speed keeping the front end up over drops etc is proving to be difficult but slower I'm fine… Don't understand that 😯

jedi

you're riding protective.

MrNutt
    Free Member

riding protective? do you think the rubber is chaffing and thus preventing him getting his front end up? 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

No major damage except for a bit of bruising and a headache which won't seem to go away.

IANAD but I'd be concerned about this.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

No major damage except for a bit of bruising and a headache which won't seem to go away.

IANAD but I'd be concerned about this.

+1. Go to casualty NOW. You may be fine or not, but stupid thing would be to not get it checked out

Bushwacked
    Free Member

LOL – Its not as bad as it was the past few days but you think I should really get checked out?

Jedi – think you're right – feeling a big nose heavy when going at speed.

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Lecky is nuts in places!Maybe theirs your answer go practice on Lecky do everything up there you wont have much problem else where.

jedi

bushwacked, progress slowly. lecky hills may be nuts now but slowly build and all will fall into place. see you on the 6th june and the quantocks best be as good as you say 😉

flow
    Free Member

Take up Muay Thai, then falling off your bike feels like getting a massage.

jedi

nah it just hurts in different places

zaskar
    Free Member

Get checked by GP min,

I had a bad one on Monday and have a headache and whiplash -always bet to get double checked out.

ro
    Free Member

i think falling off your bike in a big way means that baby jesus it trying to tell you – politely – that your expectations are greater than your abilities.

i think you should listen, because next time he may not be quite so polite.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

LOL –

feeling a big nose

Jedi – Slow progression is my aim – I know I've got a long way to go to be half decent but I get easily put off when things go wrong on the MTB and I need to alter my perception of that as I know from BMX that if you get it wrong you need to keep going at it until you get it right. Paul's made me right para about the Q's!!! 😆

Zaskar – I'll give them a call today.

hora
    Free Member

Bushwacked have you been checked out properly?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I was walking down the road and some gorgeous blonde bird properly checked me out – does that count?

jedi

lol@paranoid!! 🙂

hora
    Free Member

She was wondering if you knew me, Captain Sex.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Repairing your riding Mojo’ is closed to new replies.