• This topic has 174 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by j_me.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 175 total)
  • Site Updated
  • GrahamS

Graham you have to re-enter the details, select your profile and then click ‘edit profile’.

I’m sure I looked there.
    Has that just been added or am I going a bit mental?

GrahamS

I see the “multiple of 40” bug still lives on then.

(B&W photography thread. Currently on 240 posts, last reply by Charlie Mungus, but if you click on it you won’t see his reply and it will remain hidden till someone else posts the 241st reply).

Frankenstein
    Free Member

New site looks great.

IanB
    Free Member

I see the blue has got a bit darker since this morning – easier to read, but still not sure it goes with the green at the top.

If you look at the front page, you’ve got dark green text on bright green background for the main menu, then dark blue text over light blue/grey for the content and forum. Doesn’t look quite right to my eye.

Like lots of the other improvements tho’

Rio

I’m fixing the username issue now. It’s because of the previous ability to have a display name different to your username. Obviously people abused that but there is still fallout from it.

So does our display name now have to be the same as the login name? All my posts seem to have been renamed!

soobalias
    Free Member

profile issue.

looking at this ad
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cheling-interest?replies=4

then looking at the seller
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/profile/rottenmac

how long have they been here? Am i just being dumb?

tomdebruin
    Free Member

profile issue.

Sorted. Added registration date in the forum history part of the profile.

So does our display name now have to be the same as the login name? All my posts seem to have been renamed!

That’s right.

wwaswas

Busy day Tom – hope you have a quiet weekend!

redthunder
    Free Member

Ride/Photo Forum would of been nice.

Avatars would of be good……runs for cover.

also, great revamp. WordPress I assume ?

chakaping
    Free Member

email addy no longer showing up in profile (sorry if already mentioned, haven’t read thread)

nice effort though – give self pat on back

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’m going to have to do a lot of scrolling to use this on the laptop which is a bit disappointing, especially when there seems to be so much wasted space at the top

Click to see fullsize

Rio

That’s right.

That’s going to make some of the existing threads look a bit odd where people have referred to the display name in subsequent posts. Don’t suppose it’s possible to change your login name?

andytherocketeer

Looks pretty.

If I were to be really nit-picky I’d say that it’d be nicer if the MTB Mag of the Year badge and the STW Premier thingy in the top right (Only when logged out?) might be nicer if they were all in the same horizontal row as the singletrack logo top left.

But then I complain about all sites with inefficient vertical space usage, since they don’t play so nicely with vertically challenged devices like netbooks.

(Chrome 5.0.375.55 unknown – not played with the site in ffx yet)

andytherocketeer

Looks pretty.

If I were to be really nit-picky I’d say that it’d be nicer if the MTB Mag of the Year badge and the STW Premier thingy in the top right (Only when logged out?) might be nicer if they were all in the same horizontal row as the singletrack logo top left.

edit retry: ah I think I know why 😉

But then I complain about all sites with inefficient vertical space usage, since they don’t play so nicely with vertically challenged devices like netbooks.

(Chrome 5.0.375.55 unknown – not played with the site in ffx yet)

andytherocketeer

Oh now that’s weird – edit failed (appeared successful, but had to manually re-navigate back to thread), tried again and edit appears as a new post.

ChrisS
    Free Member

Long photo captions (eg. in the “olympic course revealed” news item) get truncated when they reach the right hand column.

Safari 5.0.1

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ooohh! WordPress!

Andituk
    Free Member

Not really a bug, but was surprised to see theres no limit to file size when uploading avatars, that could eat up a lot of your bandwidth if we all start uploading huge pictures!

BigJohn

I got a new pair of glasses today.

When I logged on the site I was really impressed with them.

Then I realised the site had changed, it wasn’t just the new glasses making everything look zingier.

Nice makeover.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Does the swear filter still work ?

I’ll come **** unstuck if it doesn’t 😐

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Cool 8)

Naranjada
    Free Member

Tom,

Possibly an existing bug with the Simple and Advanced Search facilities.

Using Safari 4.1.2 and IE8.

I know that there’s an advert in For Sale section with the title FS 1999 VW T4 Camper. I go to the For Sale section and search for T4 using simple search; no results returned. Choose Advanced Search, uncheck Show Posts only, leaving Exact Words & Highlight Results checked, choose ‘Classifieds – For Sale’ and click Search; no results. Uncheck Exact Words, click Search; no results. Change search criterion to VW and repeat; no results. Change search criterion to Camper and repeat; now I see the results with the word Camper highlighted. Change to 1999; results returned with 1999 highlighted. Try T4 again; no results. Try t4 and vw; no results.

In short, search doesn’t quite work as it should.

But I do like the look of the fresh site, so props for that.

ratherbeintobago

Ooohh! WordPress!

Fairly sure it was on WP before; certainly, the forum is powered by BBPress (and it’s easy to integrate the two).

Andy

aracer
    Free Member

Can you please get a new black ink cartridge for your website.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why can’t you report your own post anymore ?

Has anyone asked that question ?

Serious question btw.

Although I have never done so, it has always occurred to me that if ever I post something which, on reflection, needs to be modified in some way (not necessarily because it’s “offensive”) I could always report it to the mods if it was outside the editing time.

I just don’t see the idea behind removing the ability to report your own post…..surely no one has abused that privilege ? 😕

bassspine
    Free Member

I really like the new look. Especially the nice blue text. Thought it looked quite cool with the dark background but it is so much cleaner now.

I also really like the emoticon menu NOT being hidden behind stuff 🙂

incidentally, what is the point of gravatars? such a hassle for something invisible 99.9% of the time, and I have not found any other site that uses them (that I know of, they may be doing it and I just didn’t realise)…

JulianA
    Free Member

Seems to be something wierd going on with this textbox – it’s way over to the right until you refresh the page, and then it goes back to where it should be.

IE9.

z1ppy

No picture on my iphone issue here.. can you take a look please.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/no-pics-showing-on-new-forum-why

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Yeah, no pictures on iPhone browsing….

oxym0r0n

Sorry – having picture issues in IE7

1. text crashing the pictures (sitting over the top)

2. Long time for the pictures to load (several seconds – this did not happen before esp on the home page)

Thanks

aracer
    Free Member

Not something that’s changed, but a request for something that’s always been a problem with STW mk 2 – can you sort out the paragraphing when putting quotes in your post? At the moment it adds an extra line space when you do the logical thing and separate your comments from what you’re quoting with a CR, ie

something[/quote ]
    something else”

results in:

something
    something else

…in order to get

something

something else

you have to type:

something[/quote ]something else”

Norwester

GoFar Enterprises have come a long way since those early days! Nice new refreshed and simple site… awesome job people 🙂

tree-magnet
    Free Member

IE 7 on XP sp2 here.

Occasionaly text that should be below an image the user has posted appears in the centre of the picture, like in word when you set an image to appear behind the text.

Also, when a page loads I start to scroll down to the last post I read when about 15 seconds later the page jumps to the top.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Updates:

Text slightly darker
    Lazyload disabled – that was behind loading images only when they appear on the screen, evidently it wasn’t compatible with mobile Safari and other browser (and don’t blame Apple here, the component author has said lazyload is buggy and requires updating).

IE9 and the BBcode buttons – I’ll look into that, but since I IE9 is still in beta I figured it may get fixed before version 1.

metalheart
    Free Member

Why does my name come up bold and linked back to itself when I post? Tried to return it to normal but don’t see how to do that.

And why does my profile name show capitalisation but not in posts?

aracer
    Free Member

Text slightly darker

You still need a new black cartridge, though the new one isn’t quite so glaringly close to running out. What exactly is the advantage of grey over black?

mboy
    Free Member

Looking good, but VERY slow on my PC running Firefox 3.6.12 (PC is a 2.66GHz Quad Core with 4GB of RAM, running Windows XP 32 bit, so it shouldn’t be the computer!)

Seems fine on my MacBookPro though, 2.16 Core2Duo with 3GB RAM running Firefox on Snow Leopard. MUCH MUCH quicker to load the pages than on my PC.

mrfox
    Free Member

Looking good use not working great – really slow on three of my pcs – all reasonable spec running Chrome.

nuke

Don’t know if this has been done but what happened to Location in a user’s profile?

That was pretty handy particularly on the Classifieds…if a frame/bike comes up for sale its useful to know if its going to be a drive away.

Andituk
    Free Member

Slight bug in the New Trails For Sheffield story..

Text overlaps the pic slightly.

Using Firefox 3.6.12

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Site Updated’ is closed to new replies.