Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sinus blocked/nasal passage issues
  • DickBarton

For the last week my nose has been blocked but no matter how much I blow nothing comes out…when I inhale through my nose you can hear it is blocked and when exhaling through my nose it sounds like there are marbles stuck up there and just won't shift.

Thought I'd try to flush my sinus out so tipped some water up a nostril – nothing happened for a good few minutes (although wasn't sure what to expect) so I moved my head round a bit and eventually felt some water running up inside my nose – and it stung a bit but didn't seem to do anything.

I've tried some Albus Oil on a hankie but that doesn't seem to sort it either.

What else can I try? I suspect I've got some real thick mucus up there and I need to work out how to soften it up and get it shifted…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Steam bath?

wwaswas

olbas oil in a steam bath and if that doesn't work get your gp to have a look up there you may have some polyps or something.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have just had a similar problem. Go see your doctor.

Constantly blocked up nose and kept getting nosebleeds. I went to my doctor and found out it was all an adverse reaction to me welding and grinding (particals irratating my nose)

There was alot of swelling on my sinus and annanoids?? I was givern some antibiotics and i'm loads better now. Had to change my job because of it.

tron
    Free Member

Sudafed. The proper OTC ones – the tablets are red, the active ingredient is pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. The other flavours of Sudafed are fairly useless.

I wouldn't advise taking them if later than 6 at night though – they have a stimulant effect and you'll be rolling around bed like you've had 5 red bulls.

They do a cracking job on your sinuses though. Expect to inhale a giant green lump at some point in the future.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I wouldn't advise taking them if later than 6 at night though – they have a stimulant effect and you'll be rolling around bed like you've had 5 red bulls.

Just what I was about to say when I read what you recommended. I took some a few years back and didn't sleep for days. The day I came off them I was out like a light for hours. Mental things.

DickBarton

Will try the sudafed stuff, thanks…steam head bath will be tried later tonight…really annoying just feels like a good blow and it would be gone but nothing comes out…I'm kind of hoping whatever is up there will breakdown and slide down my nose…

antigee

if you can borrow one a facial steamer that the girlies use is a good way to go plus second the olbas oil
    be careful if you end up with some sort of long term sinus thing with sudafed – consensus seems to be fine for one off but taking long term more harm than good*
    *my lawyer says that is a personal opinion
    try googling sinusitus lots of enthusiasm for salt irrigation out there

clareymorris

Google "Hopi ear candling"……..it worked for me, but it may have been the facial sinus massage which really shifted it. Honest.
    The problem with olbas oil / menthol etc is that they just enlarge the tubes temporarily so it does feel like it is clearing out, but they don't get rid of the issue!

Cougar

Ask at the pharmacist for menthol crystals, dissolve a couple in hot water and inhale the vapours. Close your eyes, it's strong stuff, and sont get it on your hands. If that doesn't work, go to the doctor.

epicyclo

Swim in the sea?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

steam inhalation. Bowl of boiling water on the table and make a tent out of a towel over your head over it. breathe out over the surface of the water and it creates lots of hot water vapour to breathe in. Decongestant drugs will only give e a temporary effect and will have rebound – make you stuffier when you stop.

xylometazaline is a good nasal inhaler ( but with those problems) if you want to try. ( otrovine or others)

Miggs
    Free Member

You sound like you need an anti-inflamatory and the sudafed stuff I always use, my sinus inflame at the merest sniff of a easterly wind!!Failing Sudafed, a good dose of prednisalone might work, but for that you will need a prescription from your doctor.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sinus blocked/nasal passage issues’ is closed to new replies.