Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sintered Vs Organic
  • RealMan
    Free Member

I've never used them, but the organic pads on (dare I say it) superstar are cheaper. I've heard you get better braking power with organic, but more wear. Is this true?

What do you use? Do you use different pads for different seasons? Can you actually notice a difference in braking power, and a difference in pad wear?

peakmonster
    Free Member

Dont waste your cash on cheap pads, sintered for winter or the peaks organic for summer.
    you get what you pay for!!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I'm tempted to get some kevlar pads from superstar to be honest. see how they run.
    I keep reading about which pads do which but i still have no idea which to take to the alps in a few weeks!

jsm

I put some ss organics on my twin pot saints just before whistler. They were loads better than the factory sintered pads for grip. I used them in both dry/wet for over a week, without replacing and I used my brakes more than I should :p.

JonBurns
    Free Member

Superstar Kevlar are on offer this weekend only £27 for 4 pair

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sintered resist heat better in the pads but can transfer more heat into the calipers.

Sintered also wear slower but may be less consistant in cold conditions and will wear the discs more

Personally I use original equipment sintered or occasionally reputable manufactures aftermarket ( EBC / Koolstop) only as I will not compromising on as safety critical component. I get thousands of miles out of Hope sintered pads

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

just bought some superstar kevlar pads for the £27 mentioned. see how they get on.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I have used many many brands of pads.

SSC organic are very soft, so give good power and don't last.

SSC sintered seem to be very hard indeed, miserable power, no noticeable wear after a lot of hard use.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I'm a convert to Ashima's SOS pads. Great power, lovely feel to them and wearing well so far…..quiet too! 8)

samuri
    Free Member

I've never used any organic pads that don't wear out after a couple of rides.

grumm
    Free Member

The SS organic ones are good, got nearly a week of downhilling in the alps out of the back one which isn't too bad considering how cheap they are. They are not great in the wet but still ok.

Just put a kevlar one in the back to try it out.

trailmonkey

I always use original brand sintered. Couldn't get any at my LBS so I bought some generic ( Aztec) organic ones, as that's all they had.

They lasted 1 **** wet,summer ride. FAIL.

Luckily I ordered some Hopes on line.

nomadic
    Free Member

I ride in the peaks every weekend and have just fitted ss kevlar pads in my hope moto v2 on my nomad, and coming off Mam Torr on Sunday they were awesome 🙂

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I ordered some Superstar sintered pads today – I'll let you know how I get on.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sintered Vs Organic’ is closed to new replies.