Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Singular Swift Fork and Brake upgrades. Help!
  • womble72
    Free Member

Currently running a standard SS, rigid fork Swift but a recent hand injury has forced me into thinking about putting suspension forks onto the sweet Swift frame. Budget is unlimited as I want a decent spec bike, so what forks should I be looking at? Also thinking of updating the old Hope brakes for something light and powerful. Any helpful advice would be very much appreciated.

wwaswas

Rebas at 100mm.

Aidan
    Free Member

As above, Rebas at 100mm are good.

If you’ve got the money and you’re game to try something new, these look interesting:

http://www.laufforks.com/

I find it hard to look past Shimano brakes. They’re all good, so choose the price/weight that you’re comfortable with.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Reba + shimano would get my vote too, although I bought Marzocchi corsa’s, but that’s because they were on sale.

My only gripes with shimano are the lack of spare parts (a blessing in disguise, just buy new callipers/levers cheeply rather than faffing with replacement seals) and I’ve heard stories that they sometimes don’t like really cold winter weather, unlike DOT fluid the mineral oil solidifies. I did like my Avid’s, but reliability wass too hit and miss, if they work they were great (better than shimano IMO) but that was too much of an ‘if’ for brakes!

IA

Can I suggest some RCT3 sids over the rebas, noticeably better damping IME*.

*YMMV

wwaswas

Extra 10% off all Rock Shox at Merlin this weekend.

womble72
    Free Member

Awesome! Thanks for all the replies. I’ve never bought replacement forks before, what do I need to look for in terms of size? How do I know what fork will fit my swifts frame.

rOcKeTdOg

SC32’s are perfect but u need to factor in the 24mm hub. You can pick up fork & wheel for < £200 though

monkeyboyjc

Unlimited budget = lefty

Brakes shimano xtr

Sam

Unlimited budget I’d go for a Fox Float 32 at 100mm and XTR brakes. Most any fork around 100mm of travel will be fine on your Swift in terms of handling.

womble72
    Free Member

So either a lefty, a fox float 32 or a Rs Reba an Shimano Xtr brakes. Hmmm seems like I’ve got some bargain hunting to do 🙂

core

1 1/8″ streerer I presume?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift Fork and Brake upgrades. Help!’ is closed to new replies.