• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Singular Peregrine bottom bracket spindle size
  • dman1234
    Free Member

Hey all, I working on getting my peregrine build going, but I’m having a little trouble getting a crankset to fit without the chainstay hitting the chainring.

What kind of bottom bracket and crank set are you guys using? -Thanks

drofluf
    Free Member

I’m using a Shimano 105 triple, which was fine, now just running the middle ring for an Alfine on the same cranks/bb

nedrapier

Old LX triple, square taper BB, 48T singlespeed chainring in middle ring position. there’s 3 or 4mm (?) clearance to the chainstay.

If you’re using external BB, have you got the right amount of spacers in the right place?

And it’s a bit of an unsatisfactory fudge, but you can always slide the Woods EBB thinger through to the chainset side by a mm, if that’s all you need.

Kahurangi

I think it need something with MTB spacing – I tried a Alfine groupset chainset, which is road spacing but the 45t chainring on the Alfine (50mm?) chainline hit the chainstays.

It currently works with a FSA MTB chainset and 45t ring in the big chainring position. I can’t take any helpful photos as I’m moving house and it’s not here.

Hopefully Singular Sam will be along soon to help 🙂

dman1234
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys! just pulled some cranks and a bb from another bike i had lying around and they work.

For anyone looking for a spindle size in the future I’m using a 68x125mm bb with an eighth inch single speed 48t chainring and i have good 7mm space between the chainring/crank and the chainstay.

Ride safe!

OCB
    Free Member

Just for completeness, I use an SLX triple in mine, with a standard HTII BB. I’ve got an earlier version with the straight stays.

The only slight tweak is that I got a better chainline using two spacers on the non-drive side / one on the drive side tho’ (it’s normally the other way around).

Sam

There are two tyres of Peregrine stays, early ones were straight and pretty much only take a mtn crank, newer ones with curved stays will take most compact doubles. There are a lot of variables including chainline, q-factor and number of rings. Drop me a line if you are still having issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Singular Peregrine bottom bracket spindle size’ is closed to new replies.