Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Singletrack site for roadies?
  • quincy
    Free Member

Is there a roadie equivilent of Singletrack where you can get info or has a classifieds section?

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member
    neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Clicked on the link and went to the bike forum and the first post I clocked was…

Leg shaving experiment

FFS…! 😯

quincy
    Free Member

see that's the sort of stuff that scares me. It's just gunna be a quick post on the classifieds there then back to the safety of ST methinks.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Had a mooch on there and not one mention of pies, brown sauce or real ale…!

And they have a forum called the tea stop. Hmmm maybe we should have one called the coffee lounge. 😉

DavidB
    Free Member
    oldgit
    Free Member

Don't think you'll find one. You'll probably get more forum chat on here about Sportives and general road riding.
    Roadies don't like to give much away.

Drac
    oldgit
    Free Member

Oh God another talk the talk site.

Just peeking at those two sites wound me up. 'what size tyre 23 or 25?' Can you really not make that decision yourself. Felt like signing up just to suggest they buy a 24.

DavidB
    Free Member

Roadies don't like to give much away

Yes, of course. They are genetically different and separated from the rest at birth. We're all cyclists FFS

oldgit
    Free Member

I've always found hanging around with the roadies pre race to be like being in a silent order.
    And out on the road, ride a sportive or just your Sunday session and everyone exchanges pleasantries weather they're on a Cervelo or a Careara but come across a roadie and past the nod or hello it's blood out of a stone time.

However enter their inner sanctum and it's a very different story.

Perhaps it's me

BadlyWiredDog

However enter their inner sanctum and it's a very different story.

This is a family forum you know.

zaskar
    Free Member

3 Types of roadie.

a) Training hard and doesn't see you while paying attention to form and the road!

b) Pootling and nodding.

c) Like anyone walking or driving -will keep to themselves.

So no different to mtb'ers.

metalheart
    Free Member

I've found roadies to be a mixed bag.

About 10 years back used to go out on the winter sunday training rides with the local pretty serious guys (a couple of whom were really good mates). Got dropped within the first 10 miles the first time, hung on a bit further the next until I could keep on all the way. Some were plainly 'what is this dick doing here?' but others were quick to ride me back on after a hill and, unlike the road club I used to belong to, never left me at the side of the road with a puncture, always waited.

Still enjoy the road runs in the sunshine.

Edit: Drac, them rules is ace!

iDave
    Free Member

DB, you seem really well balanced, due to the chip on each shoulder……

DavidB
    Free Member

You found yourself didn't you 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

If you're just after classifieds try timetriallingforums. They do take themselves a bit seriously though. Maybe ask them whether all headsets come with crown races and see what sort of answer you get. I would put quite a large stake on there being no mention of either celery or magic cats.

oldgit
    Free Member

No they are miserable trust me. Should have seen it in the changing rooms this weekend miserable buggers.
    Some are so miserable it's a joy to be around them Jack Dee would look like he'd been on laughing gas.
    Though the the man who got me into it 'Gino' Goddard was a briliant man.

iDave
    Free Member

You found yourself didn't you

no, but then I didn't read it all

0091paddy
    Free Member

veloriders is the only road forum worth going on. Wouldn't expect to get a serious answer to anything though

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack site for roadies?’ is closed to new replies.