Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • "Singletrack is iPad ready"?
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Does this mean there is a version of the magazine with iPad-specific features?

Curious…

IA

Not yet, they claim it is coming though.

What they mean is you can view the PDFs on one.

glenh
    Free Member

You can view the PDFs on a device that views PDFs? Amazing.

Stoner
    Free Member

"Singletrack is iPad ready"

It means they're ready to publish their Polo-neck jumper reviews, Coffee Grinder "Grinder" reviews, and an interview with Sophie Dahl on her new Islington kitchen.

Drac

Does this mean there is a version of the magazine with iPad-specific features?

Certainly an app is in the making.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Certainly an app is in the making.

Cool!

Stoner
    Free Member

in what way is pdf reader not already an "app"?

Drac

I have no idea Stoner which is possibly why I never mentioned that.

IA

I would assume they app will provide content formatted for the ipad, with the pdf you have to zoom in/out and pan about. Works ok, but could be better formatted specifically for the screen size.

Drac

Coming soon! A quick search through the App store will reveal our dedicated Singletrack magazine app that will allow you to buy individual issues complete with interactive elements like audio/video clips and links to websites. Our app will even allow you to subscribe for a year’s worth of issues and will notify you as soon as a new issue is available to download. Issues will come straight from the store to your iPad without the need to sync with iTunes first. Look for our App around mid August.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Coming soon! A quick search through the App store will reveal our dedicated Singletrack magazine app that will allow you to buy individual issues complete with interactive elements like audio/video clips and links to websites. Our app will even allow you to subscribe for a year’s worth of issues and will notify you as soon as a new issue is available to download. Issues will come straight from the store to your iPad without the need to sync with iTunes first. Look for our App around mid August.

See, I'd want my ST app to record rides, let me share them on the forum including photos with one tap, arrange meets, share 'cheeky' locations … that sort of shit.

(Yeah, I know it's easy to criticise. That's why I do it 😉 )

Drac

Maybe they will add those feature on updates if there's enough interest.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘"Singletrack is iPad ready"?’ is closed to new replies.